How Do I How do I "Go Out with Teen"?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jan 26, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

How do I "Go Out with Teen"?

OK, as you all know I've been playing the game for a while and should know the answer to this, but I can't seem to figure it out ... I know how to "sneak out" and of course ask a sim on a date or ask a sim to a community lot, but is there a "go out" for teens? I get wants to "ask so and so to go out" so I ask the simparent's permission but when I call the other teen the only option I get is "sneak out."

So I sneak out, but that doesn't fulfill the want to "go out."

Does that mean, ask them to a community lot? I was assuming it was like "sneak out" in that you don't get to see what they're up to but they come home with their social and fun needs satisfied and not in a police car. Am I wrong?

I have a similar problem with the want "ask sim on outing." That's not the same as "go to community lot" as far as I can tell, because when you go to a community lot you have no control over the other sim, that is, they don't get the little blue diamond above their head.

Do I need to form a casual group first? Does that do the trick?

Thanks for your help. This is a mildly annoying puzzle I've wondered about for a while now.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL SBW, there's a lot of interactions and I guess most of us ignore a small sub-set of them at one time or another. I haven't done much "going out" since shortly after I got the game and I am hard put to recall how it is done. I think you have to get the teen to phone up before the sneak-out hour begins. Let's face it ... teens making arrangements after 10pm are definitely up to no good :rolleyes:

3. surprised_by_witches

Oh, maybe that's my problem then. I'm never up to any good and my teens always call their friends pretty late ... but I seem to recall calling them earlier in the evening and still not seeing that option ...

4. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

You have to get the teen to ask their parents' permission to go out.

If they accept, I think the sneak out option disappears and you can take the lovely lady/lad out!

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Sailor is correct. When they get the option to "go out" they need to ask a parent first, preferrably the one they are on best terms with! If the parent isn't to happy with them they shake their head no. If they don't mind they get a yes and a hug if I remember correct. You can then go to the phone and instead of the sneak out option you get the go out option.

6. surprised_by_witches

Not in my game. I still only get sneak out. I will make sure it's before 10 p.m. in case that's the problem ... I'll let you know.

You know, now that I think of it, Heather didn't hug Waverly. Maybe she said no and I just thought it was a yes. She shrugged, which I thought meant, "OK, whatever."

They aren't on good terms since Waverly caught her cheating ...

I'll try it with a kid who likes their parents, see if that works better.

But I've never had good luck with it.

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

It's been a while so I may be wrong but I think 10 pm is a little late. Try doing it a little earlier in the day like around 5 or 6. It seems like the date will come pick them up around 7 or 8 pm, maybe 9. Things may have changed though since nightlife came out, they may be able to go pick up their date now.

Ruth

8. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Yeah, definitely need to do it earlier in the evening, like 7 pm or so. Ask parent first, then when parent says yes, go to phone and call the friend. Go Out should be available.

I never use Go Out and Sneak Out anymore, since we can actually go with them now that we have Nightlife. Only to fulfill wants if they have them.

Funny thing happened to me regarding this. I sent a group of teenagers to the 50s diner for an outing. It was around midnight or so and my controllable sim sees her father walk into the diner. (Her parents are divorced and Dad doesn't live with them.) So, I thought I'd send her over to give her Dad a hug, since she hardly ever sees him. (Not very realistic I guess! What teenager hugs their parent in front of their friends?) When I clicked on Dad, one of the options was "Ask permission to go out". Um, kind of late for that, but okay.

9. surprised_by_witches

My sims get that with their college-age sibs. Now THERE's a responsible party ... :D