How Do I How do i Install Sims2 Free Time

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by 19holly96, Apr 15, 2008.

1. 19holly96

19holly96 New Member

How do i Install Sims2 Free Time

:eek:When i try to install Sims 2 Free time, it installs fine until 11% when it says

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Sfx2.package' from the media."

i have clicked retry, but it does nothing, it just comes up with that same box again!

Please Help!!!:)

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

3. EvenStar_Jobb

EvenStar_Jobb New Member

Hi, I have a little problem. I've just installed The Sims 2 with almost all its expansions, but after I installed Free Time, I couldn't start the game. The first time when I had the Sims 2 and it's expansions it worked. I had to start the game opening the "Sims 2 EP7.exe" file from TSBin, and there was no need to mount any image with Daemon Tools in order to play. But now it doesn't work anymore. When I try to start the game like I said, there is an error: "Wrong disk inserted. Please insert the original Sims 2 Free Time CD/DVD". What should I do? Does anyone have any idea? Pls help!!!:confused:

PS: I installed the game and the expansions with Daemon Tools.

4. swmeek

sounds like Securom is your enemy here.
    And I'm not sure if this doesn't fall under no-cd cracks which may not be supported here. (I may be wrong though)
    I would say uninstall it, uninstall Daemon and then install it again.
    You may have to edit the registry to get it to work though.
    You might just try uninstalling Daemon and see if it works then.

5. honoko2000

honoko2000 New Member

I'm having a similar problem, except when I download Free Time it downloads correctly up to the point were the prompt comes up and tells you to insert Disc 1 again, after I do, my drive won't read Disc 1, I DO have a Vista, and I have all the requirements:confused: why won't it work????
    Please help

6. swmeek

Are you referring to the digital download or a pirated download?
    Or do you mean when you install the game files?
    Make sure the disk isn't too badly scratched or smudged up cause it doesn't take a lot to prevent the data from being transferred.
    One missing little bit of info will prevent the game from working correctly.
    You might also try running a disk laser cleaner through the player and see if it helps.
    Also if the cd/dvd player isn't spinning fast enough it can cause transfer errors also.

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Try it on another PC if you can. Even if it cannot actually play the game you will be able to see if it installs correctly and if it's a CD drive issue.

8. EvenStar_Jobb

EvenStar_Jobb New Member

Hey, I just tried to download The Sims 3 from torrentreactor.net, but when I have to specify the location, it appears an error that says: "One or more files exceed the filesystem size limit, these files can not be saved properly. Do you want to continue anyway?" But I have enough space on the disk. What should I do?

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

There is not enough space to store the virus and trojans. Free up some space so they may install and run.