How Do I How do i intersect items from buy mode?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexybabes, Feb 6, 2007.

1. sexybabes

sexybabes New Member

How do i intersect items from buy mode?

I know it can be done as i have downloaded houses that have things itersected, e.g an end table with a tv on it, a vase with a plant inside and and tables together with no gaps inbetween them, also things are placed where you normally wouldent be able to place them! Whenever i try to do this it just says "cant intersect objects". Please help:eek: xx

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sounds like the "moveObjects on" cheat. Hit Ctrl-shift-C to get the cheats window. Type in the cheat and hit enter. You will have a lot more freedom in placing objects.

Some people leave the cheat on through all building and game play. However, I find that weird things happen if I do that, so I always go into the cheat window and type moveObjects off as soon as I'm done with whatever I wanted to build/arrange.

There's another useful cheat: boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true

This one, which you use with the < and > keys, is nice for placing objects at an angle. Some objects--objects that require sim animation interactions--may not work quite right when set at an angle. You'd have to experiment. I only use it for decorative objects, so I'm not directly familiar with the animation problems, but I suspect they involve beds, chairs and such.

3. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Once I did that to move my dog downstairs because the stairs were congested. I did that, and then I clicked on someone else. Then I clicked back on the dog, and suddenly he had the aspiration and other bars that a normal Sim has! They were all empty, it was just weird. It went away though next time I played them. I built a new, larger house so that wouldn't happen again. I also had Sims who just stood there even after I moved them.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Yep, many of the couches and the like that people have "expanded" by using two or more at a time use the "moveobjects on" cheat.

Sometimes you do get animation problems with the allow45degreeangleofrotation. Some items will no longer work at all. But with things like couches, they sit down on one end, then suddenly slide to the other. It's a hoot to watch, unless you're trying to film them for a story!