How do I make sick sim feel better?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by isabellaw, Dec 12, 2004.

1. isabellaw

isabellaw New Member

How do I make sick sim feel better?

My male adult sim is sick, he keeps throwing up and his comfort level is dropping constantly. Anyone knows how to make him get better? I dont want him to die! I heard that Sims can die from sickness.. Can I call for a doctor or help or what should I do? Thanks.. =)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Keep him in bed. If he isn't sleepy just have him relax on the bed. (Don't let him starve tho. :p )

Remember he may be infectious. Don't let him get close to other sims.

3. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Don't let him interact with anyone but the Social Bunny, since he's contagious, but the Bunny is immune. Other than that, just ignore it and go about your business, and it'll go away on its own, like in real life. However, should a townie manage to catch the disease, it will spread incurably through your entire neighborhood as townies cannot be played until they get better, so in that case, you must cleanse them with fire, like in real life.

4. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

You can also apparently cure them with medicine from the medical career reward. However, this can also make them sicker sometimes and I have never been able to cure a sim of sickness using this method. have managed to make them sick by making medicines though. Best just to let nature take its course and let them rest up. Don't make them go to work either - it just exhausts them and makes them be sicker for longer.

5. J. M. Pescado

There's no evidence to suggest the medicine stuff actually works, given that I tried chugging 8 of them without effect. It's the same as the "acne cream" stuff, that doesn't work either. Do people actually sell this stuff as a product? Because it sure as hell isn't a terribly great product placement, given that it does not work...

6. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Sims can get acne? I've never seen it. Anybody have pictures of it?

7. isabellaw

isabellaw New Member

Thanks guys, he got better =) But what did you mean by that I should cleanse them with fire?!

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, Isabella. That's JMP for you. He meant that if you let the sim get caught in a fire and die is a sure way to cure any disease. :p

9. J. M. Pescado

That's the ONLY way to cure townies. Your normal Sims, you can just keep them isolated and ignore them until it goes away, but since townies cannot pass time, and will quickly infect every other Sim in the game in an endless repeating cycle, only cleansing by fire will end this.

10. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

My teenage sims have all gotten acne at some point. I haven't got any pictures but just let your sims hygeine bar get below 50% for a few sim days and there it is. I usually cure it by them growing up. I also have tried the acne cream like JM says but have also found it to be of no help at all.

11. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Odd. Every time I've used the acne cream it has worked fine. It doesn't have an immediate effect, but always by the next morning it has cleared up.

12. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I have had the acne cream work for me too. I have never tried the medicine before. I just put them to bed when they are sick. Only let them up to eat and use the bathroom;)

13. J. M. Pescado

I've never seen the acne cream actually work. I tried 8 doses. Nothing. 8 more. Still nothing. It seems to be a completely ineffective product. People actually BUY this stuff? Why not just stick with using brillo pads? If it can scour the crud off your grill, it sure as hell can scour the crud off your face.

14. Shallah

Shallah New Member

i heard somwhere it takes about 14 hours of sleep to make a sim healthy again. it doesn't have to be continuous, obviously. my advice is to have them nap on a recliner or somethingthing with a low energy level, since that'll make them sleep longer.