How Do I [How Do I] Reset a single Neighbour Sim2?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MacCekko, Nov 20, 2006.

1. MacCekko

MacCekko New Member

[How Do I] Reset a single Neighbour Sim2?

Greetings.
    I am curently playing/using The Sims 2 on my Mac.
    If in a hurry, kindly skip directly to my QUESTION, otherwise, take your time to read the following
    INTRODUCTION:
    Some weeks ago I created a single female Sim, Anita, a very nice and goodlooking person (compared to what I could get in TS1, some years ago!)
    I instantly got to know Darren Dreamer who came to welcome me in my new house in Pleasantville.
    I began to talk and eventually proposed to him: they got engaged with the ring!
    After exiting Anita's place, I created then other people (a male, Francis with a small toddler, Ziggy, his daughter), so that my female Anita could move in into Francis' House and live happily together thereafter.
    I never managed to "dis-engage" Anita from Darren and definitely wanted to make her propose to Francis. No way! It seems a Sim cannot "disengage" from another... (but I have just now read the relative "How do I get a sim un-engaged?" topic so I may try that option! Sorry, I was too anxious to get an answer so please excuse me)
    So, I decided to see if Darren Dreamer could propose to another woman (so I made Cassandra Goth move in into Darren and Dirk's place).
    Still, no way, they were engged to different people (Darren to Anita and Cassandra to Don Lothario).
    I entered Anita and Francis' place and, using the powerful cheating interface (boolprop etc.), managed to have Darren as a member of Anita & Francis' place.
    Then, using the "Tombstone of L & D" managed to get Darren Dreamer killed by Flies!
    At that point, I decided that is too sad to kill a Sim, so I exited to the Neighborhood WITHOUT saving my game.
    Know what? Darren has disappeared from his original house (quite obviously, I'd say!) and therefore is impossible to get him back. If, still using the "Tombstone of L & D", I get a not better specified Darren to get to Cassandra and Dirk's house as a family member, a message says that "Darren has died on another lot and his ghost will come to visit it"!!! Gosh, but didn't I exited without saving? Who knows? So the Game has a kind of "memory"!!!
    Anyway, here is my
    SIMPLE QUESTION(s:(
    Is there a way to RESET a single SIM using a cheat or simply knowing what resources pick and use into the Game?
    I simply know that inside EAGames folder there are folders containing the Characters (into the Neighborhoods folder and inside N001 - wchich should be the Pleasantville neighborhood folder), but they have a number instead of a name, thus preventing me from understanding whom am I dealing with...
    MY BEST GOAL(s:(
    1. Get again Darren Dreamer living into his house with his son Dirk.
    2. Continue living my life with Anita and her new family, without Darren at all!
    I am really hanging here, so I'll look foreward to receive your kind answers.
    Maybe I have been too much technical, but I guess there is no other way.

Thank you very much for the attention and please, excuse my poor english.

MacCekko