How Do I how do I throw an awesome party - without the cops breaking it up?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by phillyeee, Apr 18, 2005.

1. phillyeee

phillyeee New Member

how do I throw an awesome party - without the cops breaking it up?

yea, any small tips would be cool :)

2. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

Here's what I do and my parties are always "good times" or better...

Poor Sims or College Sims - Throw a "sports party" but only invite one sim with whom you are romantically involved. Watch TV until you see them arrive then ask them to join you. After watching the sports channel with them for a few seconds ask them to cuddle, then make out on the couch. The party score will jump from "snoozer" to "good time" rather quickly. Get up and let your quest go potty or grab a snack. Use this time to try and clear out a few ASP wants that will pop up when the party starts (like "hang out with someone" or "influence someone to...") in the hope of getting the "have a great party" ASP want. Next head to the nearest available double bed to relax, asking your guest to join you while enroute. Once you're both engaged in pillow talk go for the old tripple play...kiss, make out, woohoo. By the time the purple hearts are floating over your heads your party score is "roof raiser" with at least 2 minutes of party time left. Then you can either join your guest in a post-coitus nap or be constructive and go do a dorm-mates assignment.

Rich Sims or Legacy Families - If you have a wealthy household with at least two resident sims and lots of high priced fun items (pinball, hot tub, big tv, etc.) invite 2-4 of your best friends to any kind of party and let the game run on free will. If you have a sim with mad cooking skill have them make a layer cake. The pinapple-punch-keg is always appreciated also. Have your sims take turns telling dirty jokes and ventrilo-farting their guests (pranking sims with "best friend" status actually gives positive relationship points and the other guests really enjoy the show!) Try not to micro-manage and just have a good time. If you have musical instruments some of your guests will be obsessed with performing. Feel free to tip heavily, as you will get that money back when your guest empties the tip-jar (sort of like getting a house cut.) And of course, if you can get away with it, pick a guest to make out and woo-hoo with (be careful though, depending on your guest list you run the risk of encountering the dreaded jealousy "boing".)

Wedding Parties - Purchase a wedding arch, card table and wedding cake, and invite your guests. Anyone with a relationship score of 30 or better should show up. This is a great way to fullfil those pesky "be friends with so-n-so" wants. After your guests arrive and get settled in start the ceremony by clicking on the wedding arch. After the happy couple exchanges vows head straight to the cutting of the wedding cake. After the dessert plates are cleared (and only then) buy a bottle of champagne and have the happy couple take turns toasting each other until it's empty. Wait out the party clock with dancing, telling jokes to guests and the occasional romantic kiss between the newlyweds. Never fails to be a "roof raiser"...everybody likes a wedding after all. ;)