How Do I How do I....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by acorna233, Jan 25, 2005.

1. acorna233

acorna233 New Member

How do I....

I feel really stupid.I'm new at playing Sims2 and I've made a cemetary in the custom town I've made. Now I'm not sure how to get it so I can bury my Sims that die. Can anyone give me some advice?:confused:

2. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

I'm not *entirely* sure, but I think a Sim can only be buried on the lot they die.

Here

is a tutorial on how to make a community cemetary. You'll need to know how to package lots as well as have an understanding of SimPe, as far as I can see.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Unfortunately, you can't bury your Sims on a community lot. They only die and can be buried/interred on the regular lots.

I wish it were different because I think it would be neat to have a community cemetary. It would also be a nice place for our Knowledge Sims to go get their "see a ghost" want granted. But for now, only the home lots can have tombstones or mausoleums (for ashes).

If you do make a graveyard or mausoleum on your home lot, you might want to have a lockable gate because the ghosts need to have a door or gate to go through, but you really don't want them to get loose any old time. They are quite annoying. The drowned ones leave puddles everywhere (which really bring down the room score and will make weeds grow on the lawns) and the others do various things like raid your refrigerator and move things around your house. It can be *very* annoying! They can also scare your Sims literally to death. (The Sims only see them when the ghost decides to materialize in front of them. It causes a drop in their mood scores. If they are down in things like energy or hunger, it can drop them down to fatal levels.)

So, good luck with your cemetaries. And here's to hoping that we'll eventually have a way to bury our dead on a community lot by moving the tombstones/urns. (Perhaps it can be suggested on the Suggest an Idea section on the official site. It doesn't hurt to repeat things that are useful and fun like that.)