how do you acquire a game engine?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by alexthedroog, Dec 30, 2005.

1. alexthedroog

alexthedroog New Member

how do you acquire a game engine?

more specifically is it possible to acquire the Sims engine?

if so how?

the idea i have would require (or at least look better) played like the sims is played.. not necessarily THIS version of the sims but maybe the first or earliest version to start with...

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Something of this degree, it would need to be handled directly by EA Legal. You will to license the Sims Engine from them. Any attempt to reverse engineer their technology at this current point in time without the proper licenses or permission from them would be viewed as copyright infringement.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Im not sure I understand the question.

Do you want the base The Sims 2 game? If so, then you can purchase it anywhere you purchase PC games, such as Game Stop, EB Games, Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Toys R Us, etc. The price is $49.95 and the EP's are about $34.95.

If you are wanting the game "engine", at least, the base platform, I'm not really sure how you can extract the engine out of the game, but I'm sure that there are ways. However, I believe that you must 1st purchase the base game, and then experiement on it.

If you are asking for someone to send you a copy of the game or some other sort of warez/filesharing/pirating, then that is not supported by World Sims, and it will probably result in this thread being closed and your being suspended. I don't think that's what you're asking for, but this sort of topic goes into those muddy waters quite quickly, and so I just wanted to put a stop to it before it starts.

4. alexthedroog

alexthedroog New Member

I wasn't talking about stealing the game just using the base engine (with permission or licensing) like the quake 1 and 2 engines are used to by other people to make a different game. How would I get in touch with EA legal?

5. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member