How Do I How do you reclaim child.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by XxJ3r3mYxX, Mar 14, 2005.

1. XxJ3r3mYxX

XxJ3r3mYxX New Member

How do you reclaim child.

If your child is taken by a social worker how do you reclaim your child. Is there anyway I can get the child back?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Not only can you not get the child back from social services, but if you have a child taken away your Sim will never be allowed to adopt. Sorry.

3. soaps79

soaps79 New Member

That's not true, I did it last night. I had just bought the expansion, so I wanted to start a new family and raise 2 kids to send to school. I had 2 adults, and 2 children. Not being used to tending to children, I caused the son to miss his bus, and sit home alone, hungry. The social worker came and snatched him up. I looked in the Prima guide for the original Sims 2, and it said that you need $3000 in funds to be able to adopt. I played the family for another hour or 2, and when I had the money, went to adopt. I chose the correct age range, and my son Shane was returned to the household.

The Prima guide did make it sound like an unfit parent would not get another chance, but it worked fine for me.

Although, now that I think about it, the parents weren't together... they just lived together, each having one of the children. The father "owned" the son, and the mother the daughter. The son was taken away, but if I remember right, it was the mother that called. So, maybe her record was clean, and that's why she could adopt.

Here's something to try. Move another adult into the house, and have them adopt. Choose the right age range for the child you lost, and if you get em, boot that adult out of the house. But then maybe the game will force the child to go with them, since they just did the adopting... I don't know, I just had my wisdom teeth out and the ensuing medicine is confusing me right now... but try what I said, it might just work.

If there isn't a way to get them back, that's just crap, because I just messed up on one sim-day and ruined the family that I had just put together. Although, you or I could have just exited and not saved when the kid was taken away.

4. KatAnubis

That's probably why she could adopt because it *is* part of the game that if you have had a child removed, you won't get to adopt in the future.

There are probably cheats to get around that, but I tend not to go for those kinds of cheats. (I exit out without saving if I have an accident like that.)

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

This happened to me too, but the sim had re-married and moved into another houshold. Once she got back on her feet, she was able to re-adopt one of her children back.

6. KatAnubis

It's probably the remarriage that made it work. (I guess their social services don't check as well into the person's background as they supposedly do. ;))

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL or the household. She had 5 children in a three bedroom mobile home! :p

8. KatAnubis

Ouch! How on earth did she manage?

I know of real life cases like that. I had a child in my practice who was 15 months old and didn't know how to walk yet. The parents didn't want to pay for the developmental delay referral they needed. But the child did finally start walking on its own after I told the parents that they needed to have the child spend some time on the ground to have a chance to learn. They were sharing a 1 bedroom mobile home (the old fashioned kind that was really narrow, more like a the RVs have become) with their parents. (So 2 grandparents, 2 parents and the child.) Because there was no floor room, the child was either in their drawer (where they slept since there was no room for a crib once the kitchen table was made up into the parent's bed) and not much floor room so if not in the drawer she was being carried. They never set her down except on the bed occasionally. They didn't want to put her on the ground outside "because it was dirty." They wouldn't even set her on the office floor for the same reason. (I explained that farm kids are less likely to get allergy problems because they are *allowed* to get dirty. So, they then decided it might be ok to let her play in the grass and occasionally even on my office floor.)

Your Simmomma must be a wonderwoman to be able to raise her kiddies in those circumstances.

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Hmmm. It was my understanding that those taken children don't remember their previous families. Is that not the case?

10. Rabbit1414

Rabbit1414 New Member

No, they do remember you. I had a child taken away and later on I saw her in the downtown area. When I clicked on her, she was able to choose "Family Kiss" and still has her in her Relationships bank as family...

Now I have to try to get her back... hmm...

11. Ace

Ace New Member

That's odd. I had a child whose mother died (she wasn't married). He had 2 half-brothers who were already grown and out of the house on their own so social services took him. The father of the child adopted him and afterward the 2 half-brothers were no longer listed as family in his relationships. He still knew them and could see them but they were considered no more than friends in his relationships bank and I no longer had the option of family kiss with them.

It was also weird that when the mother had that child, it had her husband who had died long before listed as the father in the family tree even though it wasn't possible for him to be the father. I don't know if it was because the real father never married her or what but I found it strange. The child of course looked nothing like her dead husband or the rest of the family. He was practically a clone of the real father.

12. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

remembering parents

When a child is taken away, they go into an adoption pool and can be adopted at random by another family. One of my families just got a child that was removed from another family. They are friends with the negligent parent. If he comes over, will they remember each other? Will it make them sad?

She was taken away for not doing homework and flunking. She still won't do homework without hours of video games first! And she has a family aspiration, too...

I'm a (real-life) adoptive mother myself and it's a lot harder than you'd think to adopt older kids. I like building huge families of Sims that don't have the same serious dramas as my own family did (and does).