How Do I How does the game recognise a particular vacation lot?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by willowsmum, Jan 19, 2008.

1. willowsmum

willowsmum New Member

How does the game recognise a particular vacation lot?

I'd like to know how the game recognises each particular vacation lot so that it knows which maps are relevent and which souvenirs to sell in which.

for example you can only buy the Twikki Island souvenirs in the Twikki Island vacation place (suburb, 'hood?) If you try and sell the other two types of souvenirs then you get a message saying that they are out of stock of imported items and you should go the relevent place to buy them. :cry:

my problem is that i'd like to make a new vacation place but so far i havent been able to sell any souvenirs as they're all considered imports. :mad:

I have two theories, 1) it is dependent on the weather, i.e. Twikki Island is all summer, Three Lakes is 2 autumn and 2 winter and Takimuzo Village is 2 spring and 2 autumn so if i made a vacation place with one of these weather systems it would trigger the game to allow the maps and souvenirs for that place to work. But this cant be so because not everyone has Seasons. :(
    2) i thought a combination of maxis made community or lodging lots might trigger the ability to buy the souvenirs etc but i just dont know. :confused:

if you have any idea how the game distinguishes between the different vacation places please let me know.

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Good question! I had to get the prima guide out for this one and I'm going to have to just quote directly from it.

"To begin the process, access the Vacation Destination Chooser and select one of the three Create Destination buttons below the create a vacation list. Which button you use determines which vacation template will be used for your destination. The Create Vacation Destination tool contains templates for the three types of vacation destinations: Far East, Island, Mountain. To add a new destination, press the desired Create Custom Destination button below the list of pre-made destinations."

From what I'm also gathering from earlier comments, if you don't choose one of the 3 templates but instead do the create custom, you won't get the things specific to that region. It seems like only the template for the mountain will trigger those souvenirs/dances/food stands/massage/jewelry/gestures/etc...

It also says you can have only the 3 destinations per place...however you can do it in any combination you want. So 3 Island, or 2 Island, one far east...etc.

Does that help?

3. willowsmum

willowsmum New Member

Not sure

thanks for your response, im not entirely sure what you mean. ive only ever tried to create a new vacation island/suburb from the 'choose a vacation' screen, i think what you're saying is that i should go into one of the pre-made vacations and there will be another option to create a new vacation island/suburb? If so, i missed that and will look for it as soon as i get a chance.

sadly, if it's true that you can only make an enabled island/suburb from within an existing one, means a) you have to have the existing one, which defeats the point of making your own and b) you can never make an island/suburb which encompasses all types of holiday environment ie, sand, mountains and asian in one.

Also the point about only having 3 vacation islands/suburbs can't be true as i have one neighbourhood with at least 5 islands/suburbs - 3 pre-made and 2 i made myself. Sorry if im being a bit dim :confused: