How rich is "rich" anyway?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sargasso, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

How rich is "rich" anyway?

So, my family has got something like 195K simoleons on hand, and oddly enough none of it was from cheating. I got Dirk Dreamer to move in and engaged to one of my sims, and I thought, okay, time to have the wedding party.

One of Dirk's power wants is to marry a rich sim. I didn't do Propose-> Marriage, but I did have them get married with that wedding arch thing. Before the party ended, the bride had to go to work (how lame, eh?), so she never got into the limo with Dirk at the end of the party.

For some reason, Dirk's power want is still there, and the Propose->Marriage option is no longer available. In the relationships tab, Dirk and my sim show as Married.

So, what's the deal? Did I pick the wrong way to get married? Did the "Marry Rich Sim" never quite happen because she never got in the limo with him? How rich does she have to be, anyway?

Thanks!

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

To marry a rich Sim, you need to either be married into a family that has at least 50K, or your bride has to bring 50K in cash when married in. You will get nothing if you use "propose->move in" first, regardless of how much money was involved. If you lock "marry a rich sim", then get married in a way which fails to satisfy that want, it will still be there because it was locked. When you unlock it and do something else, it should go away.

3. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

And a resounding "duh!" echoes throughout the halls. Thanks!

4. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Marriage is strange and convoluted... and its even worse in TS2

Getting the marriage ceremony to work without a hitch is hard. Many things can derail the special day for your Sims as well as any wants based around it.

5. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I did the same thing and JM had to set me straight:) I wanted a nice organized wedding so I moved in the fiancee prior to the wedding so I could control him and got no big aspiration reward. Had to reload the game prior to the point they had married, move him out and then marry again. Only then did I get that wish fufilled.