How to get twin babies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexierjess14, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

How to get twin babies

I've seen postings that some players had sims that got twin babies, Im wondering how do you get one, is it at random or what? :confused:

2. killgorian

killgorian New Member

My question would be how not to. So far Ive gotten two out of three twins from two differant and unrelated families. And believe me, I have NOT been having fun with them. :(

3. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

It's random, you can't control it.

4. sexierjess14

awww..gee..I guess Im not lucky enough..I just thought of getting twin babies for once, coz I keep getting only one child at a time.. lol.. has anyone ever gotten triplets or something? :p

5. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I had a sim that had quads (4 kids). There are pictures of these alien babies (exactly the same as normal babies except they're green and their "mother" is a man LOL ) in another thread.

Cass. :bunny:

6. sexierjess14

quads?? *faints* Im having trouble with only one child lol I tried having a toddler and one baby and I was having a hard time taking care of them even with the nanny :mad: for now both my sims are staying without kiddies lol Im having fun with them having the highest rank in their job :p

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Twins? Quads? GEEZE!!!!!!!! I have so far had two mothers each have babies, and it's been a nightmare each time! Mom almost dies before she gives birth from hunger and exhaustion!! Then trying to keep the baby fed and changed and the toddler happy, as well as taking care of the other children in the home has been very difficult.

I'm starting to wish for a hacked "Magic Mirror" like I had for TS that would refresh the entire family's needs! LOL

8. killgorian

killgorian New Member

Well, my twins have been nothing but a problem. However I minimised some of the problems with a bit of creative parenting/schedualing, but it still took alot out of my SIMS lives.

I started by rearranging my SIMS scheduals so that they could alternate taking vacation days from work to help maintain their green status. I also began using rewards to help trian my toddlers. The most effective I found was to use Smart Milk on one of the kids and the Thinking Cap on the parent. This allowed me to potty train/teach to walk and talk much quicker so as to have time to work with both kids.

I also put the toddlers in their own room so their crying wouldnt wake both parents and then manually awoke the parent that wasnt working the next day to tend to their needs. I even tried calling a nanny in the middle of the night, but she didnt do much to help other than stand in my way and groan. Two nannies during the day didnt fare much better.

Anyway, I found that with some trickey schedualing and much use of the pause key, I was able to raise two reasonably well adjusted twin brothers. Just remember, if it gets frustraiting, take a time out and play a funner SIM for awhile. :winks:

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Can you rearrange your sims schedules? I see where it shows I have X amount of days off coming to me, but I didn't know you could control what day(s) you had off when?! This could help a TON if it's possible to change your days off! hahahaha... :p I never realize my sim has the day off or not till the pop up tells me!

10. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

On the Skills & Career panel you see 7 letters representing the days of the week. The ones highlighted (lighter blue) are the days your sim works, and the dark ones are his/her weekly days off. These are separate from Vacation Days, which can be taken anytime you want either by just missing the carpool or calling in sick (and sometimes you can get away with calling in sick and they believe you're really sick and don't charge you a Vacation Day). To call in go to a phone and Call -> Work -> Call In Sick. This can only be done within the hour before the carpool shows up.

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I only called in sick the one time, to be able to take care of the twins... and the boss said I sounded sick so I guess I wasn't charged a vacation day! Cool! :D

12. sexierjess14

So far Ive not gotten twins yet lol but I was wondering if there was some buggie in it, I hired a nanny and she was supposed to leave at 4pm when the wifey comes home from work, however, she is still stuck at my house and even sleeps there and the next day a new nanny will come over and Im stuck with two nannies! :eek:

13. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Did you try dismissing her?

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If you can't dismiss her, and can't ask her to leave or say goodbye, you might want to use the move_objects on cheat to go into Build mode and select her and delete her.

15. sexierjess14

I tried to dismiss her but she still walked around my house and the only selections left was "chat" and "shoo", and the nanny even irritated both my simmies :mad: so yeah I used to move objects cheat to remove her for GOOD :mad: and now Im never gonna hire a nanny ever again unless its only for that day :p

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Sorry you couldn't get her dismissed, but I'm glad you got rid of her if she was bothering your sims!!

17. sexierjess14

It was preety annoying because she liked to get stuck at the bathroom with a full bladder :eek: and she'll be complaining and whining till she gets to use the bathroom and always likes to swim in my swimming pool, besides that when she got stuck and slept over, she just walked around the house taking care of my toddler in her undies :eek: not a preety sight for a granny :p

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oooh dear!! :eek: Granny Nanny in her undies! What would the Social Workers say if they showed up?!?! :p Hahahahaaaa :D

19. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Well my main sim has had two sets of twins and four other kids... and for me, all at one time, I had one teenager, two twin children and a baby i was taking care of... and honestly, it's all about being one step ahead of the mayhem :) I hired a nanny, a maid and the mom quit her job.... i even got most of the todd's wants fulfilled like learning how to walk and talk which takes a lot of time...... i guess i'm just a pro ;-) hehehe

20. sexierjess14

yah granny nanny in her undies :eek: what a terrible sight *shuts eyes* :p I actually wanted to make mommy sim quit her job, but I've taken so much time to make her study and study till she has full skill points (same as her hubby) to actually not let her work :p I actually wanted to keep them both as pure working couple, but I selected family inspiration, so they both kept wanting a baby :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.