How to import and exchange?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by uranium882002, Oct 1, 2002.

1. uranium882002

uranium882002 New Member

How to import and exchange?

Hi I want to know if you can import your own families into another house in your neighborhood. I also wanted to know how you can trade and exchange houses. I love making houses from books that have real blue prints(really nice big houses). I wqant to make house to give them to families but I don't know how to.If you do please email me: uranium882002@cheerful.com or post here. If you have an interest in I making you a house please tell me so. I will be more than happy.

2. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

make me some i hate making houses!!!!!

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Why must we always send emails when we could always post....

4. reniusa

reniusa New Member

If you have unleashed you can build before your sims move in, which is awesome. :)

If not......you can go to your Sims folder:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\UserData\Export

The "UserData" can also be UserData2, UserData3 and so on. The User Data folders correspond to the neighborhoods. For example, UserData is hood #1 and UserData2 is hood #2 and so on. Find the family you want to copy, and paste it into

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\UserData\Import

Now when you start up the sims you should be able to import the family using the Import button.

If you have a house that is already furnished.......and nobody lives there it is a little more complicated:

You must know which hood (UserData file) and lot the house sits on. Again you go into your UserData file, this time the "houses" folder. You copy the house01, house02 ect.......the house numbers go with the lot numbers, lot #1 would be house01. These are .iff files. You then go into the UserData file and paste the iff file into it, you will have to overwrite the old one. So if you had any other house on the lot, it will overwrite it.

Hope that helps. :)

5. uranium882002

uranium882002 New Member

Thanks, but do you know how to give up house that I make to friends?

6. reniusa

reniusa New Member

You would need to save the family house to disk or the iff file, and they can use the same steps to put them in their game. :)

7. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

So thats how!!!

8. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Yeah, kinda hard....but once you figure out how to do it, its not that bad. I have some fav houses that are in each hood. And occasionally my sister also will want one. :)

9. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

kool!!!!!

10. jackbrine

jackbrine New Member

... i really confuse right now about import im still cant click button import family and i dont know which 1 house that already have furnished (User Data )
    question: 1. How to import family (more details)
    2. How do i know the UserData House (to import family to house)

sorry bad language