How Do I How to kill an NPC

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, May 7, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

How to kill an NPC

How do I kill off an NPC who is a trouble-maker and getting on my nerves? I tried having one of my Sims befriend him, but he's still in every public place poking people and provoking fights and interrupting what I'm trying to accomplish because everyone runs to watch the stupid fight. Sometimes he even pokes and irritates the Sim i'm working with. It's Joe Carr and Christy gets on my nerves too, but maybe if he's gone she'll knock it off.

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I have killed Sims before, but always they were one of mine, not a NPC. Do i need to make them selectable first? I'm afraid to click on them when I'm using one of my Sims to select the Rodney's kill thing.

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Well if you want to make sure you don't kill your own sim, then making them selectable is a good idea. My memory of the Sims 2 is hazy I'm afraid.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The best way to kill an NPC who is annoying is to invite them to your Sim's lot and then kill them from there. The best way I found to kill an annoying NPC was to drown them. Get them to go swimming, then take away the ladders so they can't get out. It takes quite a while and it's best if you don't go away from the lot (to vacation or to a regular community lot) until they have met the Grim Reaper.

Another way to do it is to wall them into a small space where they can't really lie down, let alone to anything else. Again, don't leave the lot (as that seems to let them "get away" as if someone saved them while you were off the lot.)

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I finally was able to kill one of the robbers who was also kicking over the trash can. I had to make him selectable which I had never done before. It was taking too long to drown him, so I walled him in; that took quite a while, too, but finally did the trick. Took a while. Both my sims were mad at him but cried about him for 2 days anyway. Now they are back to being mad and I have a feeling they'll stay that way since he's gone and they don't even show him on their friend list as an enemy of course. Usually time takes care of that.

Anyway, now that I know how to use Make Selectable I'm grabbing townies/NPC's (what's the difference between townies and NPC's, anyway?) and fixing their hair and faces. I can't do a thing about their noses and mouths, unfortunately. lol There are some plug ugly NPC's, but quite a few look pretty good after I do a makeover on them *smirk*. Anyway, thanks for all the helpful replies! :)