How Do I How to re-arrange furniture! HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by courtney_cooh626, Mar 17, 2008.

1. courtney_cooh626

courtney_cooh626 New Member

How to re-arrange furniture! HELP!!

Guys, HELP! I only registered today but I have been looking for the answer to this question for ages:
    How do I re-arrange furniture/objects so that THEY ARE DIAGONALLY PLACED?
    Like, not like the normals 4 ways you can place furniture, the diagonal ways you usually can't? I always see people placing furniture diagonally in downloaded/pre-made houses but I dont know how to and i really would love to!
    HELP THIS IS URGENT!
    If i don't reply within a few days, email me at
    <snip snip>

Thanks guys! :confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You need to have the University expansion pack (or any of the more recent ones) to enable diagonal placing. If you have an expansion pack installed then you can enter the cheat code:-

boolProp allow45degreeAngleofRotation true

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If you plan on placing windows and doors on diagonal you need to turn the cheat to false before it will work especially if you have moveobjects on turned on.
    Another thing is that not all objects will work in an angled set-up.
    There's a list of usable items over at The Sims Resource in the build-a-lot forum that tells what can and can't be used. I don't think it's been updated in a few ep's though.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Also, because in the past I couldn't figure out how to make it work even with that cheat entered...to turn the furniture diagonally you need to use the < or > buttons after the cheat was entered, it doesn't work to attempt to move it with the mouse.

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Also some keyboards are different from the english versions and I think you need to use the , or . keys. I think some overseas keyboards don't have the arrow keys and the , . keys on the same keys.