How's the Snow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Assuming you have any :p

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Same as always. ;]

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

We've had about an inch here.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It's bright and sunny here with clear ground.

5. ManagerJosh

MMM..

So I'm in Albany, New York this week and well, let me say that it is FREEZING COLD!! Low 30s, High 20s, and I'm going OYE!!. but it's interesting too as there is absolutely no snow anywhere. It's barren ground.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Brrr! How can people stand those temperatures? Maybe one night a year it will get that cold here. I couldn't imagine living with those temperatures. :p

7. swmeek

Try working third shift when it's that cold and the wind is blowing really hard and idiots at work have to open the door to go outside to get stuff and then it gets really cold.

8. ManagerJosh

How cold is cold? :D :D :p. I went swimming when I was in Albany :D :p

9. swmeek

If it were 20 above (*F) outside with the windchill it felt like 10 below.
    Yeah but you were probably swimming in a heated pool though inside.

10. ManagerJosh

The pool was not heated. I can assure you that... It took me close to 30 minutes to adjust to the cold temperature.

11. swmeek

You're lucky you didn't come down with pneumonia after that .

12. ManagerJosh

I credit thinking about home :D. There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home....and 80F weather :D

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Cold can't hurt you unless you already are sick with something. Must have been healthy at the time.
    Edit: assuming you're not out in it long enough to get hypothermia and frostbite.

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Snow, dear Josh, is mostly white (unless tarnished by all fumes from the cars) and cold. Here we've now haad 4 winters with LOTS of snow and down to about minus 20 C. In F - hmmm... If water freezes at zero C, normal body temp is 37 C and water boils at 100 C - there's your clues.
    But thast cold is mostly a sort of "dry" cold and feels LESS cold than around xero - as the athmosphere then is mostly very humid. My favourite winter days is around minus 10 - white snow and almost no wind. Sun is shining and the snow is glittering like it had millions of little diamonds spread all over.
    We also van get around 3 foot or more some winters... The piles that's around road crossings can be VERY high!

The pictures are all from around here - and I'm not that far north. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If I'm not completely wrong this is a crossing about 2 miles from me... And it's NOT a rock under there - only scraped up snow...
    [​IMG]
    Snowed in balcony - or what? - Not mine
    [​IMG]
    2 miles away - Jordbro railway station....
    [​IMG]
    This is how snow is:
    Cold, fun, harsh, cold, hard, soft, wet, dry, lovely - wouldn't want to miss the winters for the world!