Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MegRen, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Hurricane Ike

Anyone else here in the path of Hurricane Ike? What are you doing to prepare? Are you evacuating?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I have a friend in the Sims Community, BaconandEggzie, who's evacuating to Central Texas.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Are you in that path Meg? Take care hun, let us know how you're doing as well if you can.

4. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

I do not live in Texas, so I'm not going to be hit hard by it, however I live in Oklahoma and they're predicting it's going to bring us a ton of rain and strong winds.

I don't know how the trees here will fare to strong winds. An ice storm we had last December made them very week.

5. ManagerJosh

Don't forget massive tornados. It's bringing it a ton of tropical warm air, and having it clash with cooler air is going to bring the wrath of huge storms.

6. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

Pretty much nothing all of that bad happened here. All we got was rain and some wind. The wind caused no damage that I know of.

I don't even think we got anywhere near as much rain as they originally predicted.

7. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Well, there was a lot of damage to the Houston area. I live to the southwest of Houston, and there were tons of downed trees. My apartment was without electricity for a couple of days, so I was glad to be staying with my aunt in Katy. A tree went through my aunt's roof, but they got it patched up with a tarp. My only real casualty is all the food in my fridge and freezer, but I get 4 days off of work, so it's all good.

8. ManagerJosh

More time to play Sims! :D

So glad to hear you are safe Meg :)!

9. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I've been jonesing for the sims!! I was at my aunt's house for 4 days without my computer. It was pure torture. But I just found out I don't have to work until Monday, so I've got all week to catch up on my addiction.

BTW, there are 20 confirmed deaths in Galveston/Brazoria County and 10 in Harris County (Houston area).

10. xr0ckst4r

xr0ckst4r New Member

Some evacuees came to my school.

11. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I work at a school and we still won't have electricity come Monday, but faculty still has to report to work.