I am in Love!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twocows, Jan 11, 2005.

1. twocows

twocows New Member

I am in Love!

Can you say WOW?

Clicky (Safe for work)

2. pretty_princess

pretty_princess HeY tHeRe

wat r these pics and who r they:confused: :confused: :squareeyed:

3. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Who cares about the images on the monitors? It's the MONITORS that are special! I mean, look at that thing. You'd never run out of screen space with it... does it all function as one huge hex-monitor setup?

4. Bryan

Bryan Member

wow thats cool

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL that is pretty cool. It reminded me of one of the most extreme (and pointlessly wasteful) usages of a plasma screen I ever saw.

3 years ago when plasma screens were still something of a novelty I visited a factory (I'll not say where ... but it was a giant multi-national car maker ... :p )

At the large security lodge I was impressed by the sight of the biggest plasma screen I had ever seen ... do they go over 50"?

"Wahey!" I said. "How cool is that?" I forgot that the folks of that region have a poor sense of humor. Two of the security men immediatelt began grumbling that it wasn't cool; it gave off a lot of heat. grrrr. LOL

Anyway it turned out that its sole function was to display the status of the plant's fire alarm systems. "Is that all?" I screeched. "You mean you can't even play solitaire on it?" (I've been in a lot of security lodges and 99% of security personnel agree that MS solitaire is better than guard duties any day of the week! :p )

It seems that the management was paranoid that the plant might burn down without the security men noticing so they blew 15 grand on monitor that even a bat with blinkers on would be hard pressed to overlook. Well .... it got my attention ... but then I am a bit geeky when it come to technology. :rolleyes: