Troubleshooting I can't get my sims actions to come up

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by edubb09, Dec 18, 2009.

1. edubb09

edubb09 New Member

I can't get my sims actions to come up

Hi, when I click on my sim, the actions for them in the little blue bubbles will come up but then they go away too quickly for me to click anything.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I've seen this before and I think it was related to either your mouse settings (turn the clicking speed down) or if it was a laptop something to do with using the touchpad on one.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I think Steve is right. Search this forum as it has been solved before. It may have been a program that came with the laptop that controls the touchpad that was causing issues.

4. the_celestial

the_celestial Sims Mistress

Live Mode Menu Pop-up issue...
    Ok, so I checked every troubleshooting thread and did not see a response to this issue, even though it was mentioned on the very first troubleshooting post.

Here's the issue:

When I am using the Live Mode, and click an item to get my Sim to interact with it, the item options menu pops up, but disappears before I can click on what I want my Sim to do with the item.

What I've done to fix the problem:

I've tried disabling the mousepad, and sticking to a USB mouse.
    I took the steps and reinstalled the Touchpad driver because I saw that there was a specific problem with Dell 1501 involving the touchpad.
    I've tried making sure all of my drivers and DirectX are up to date.
    I've even went so far as to switch operating systems, from Vista to XP and back again.
    I've reinstalled the Sims 2 several times.

More pertinent information:

Dell Inspiron 1501
    Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
    Display - ATI Radeon Xpress Series
    1 GB RAM (Ugh, I know)
    Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3600+ 2 GHz
    80 GB Hard-drive - 45 GB free
    Sims 2 CD version, no expansion packs, no hacks, mods, or custom content

Side Note: I have had the Sims 2 with all expansion packs on my computer and working perfectly before. Not sure what gives....

Anyways that's all the relevant info I can think of - I am not having any other issues with the Sims 2 other than this.

Hope someone can help - thanks!

5. swmeek

6. the_celestial

the_celestial Sims Mistress

THanks...

Thanks for replying.

I actually tried every single trouble shooting step on that Wiki page, and nothing worked.

I've never been so frustrated with a game in my life lol.

Any other suggestions, anyone?

7. swmeek

you might try contacting Dell support and see if there's another setting to fix the mouse.

8. kipper42

kipper42 New Member

Hey I have exactly the same problem, did you ever fix it? I have the same laptop too! Help!! Thanks