Troubleshooting I can't get the game to start....?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lor-ay-na, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Lor-ay-na

Lor-ay-na New Member

I can't get the game to start....?

I tried looking on here for the anwser so I wasn't asking a question a million other people have asked already, and I found one that someone posted. I'm having the exact same problem they described:

"I recently installed the University expansion pack (I have the original and Pets installed as well). The installation went fine! It said everything was up to date...but then when it asked if I wanted to play the game, I said yes - it gave me the logo screen (white box with the logo and name of the game in the center) I could hear the drive revving up so to speak, but then it just stopped and nothing happend.

I tried going into my computer and right clicking on the drive to tell it to Auto Run but the exact same thing happened once again. I then tried uninstalling University, putting it back on, but the same thing still happens. To make sure it only had to do with the installation, I put in my Pets disk and it launched perfectly with everything running as normal. But when I went back and tried yet again to get the University one to launch, I'd see the screen, hear the drive....then nothing."

no one ever anwsered them though.... does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    any help would be great!

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Lor. Sorry if you're having trouble getting your question answered.

I always install EPs in the order of release by EA, which would mean installing Univ first. However, many people, (and EA,too) say it shouldn't matter. If you have installed both Pets and University, I would think that you could play the game with the Pets disk because it was released after Uni.

That is, I would think you'd have the option to set up a university, like Sim State, from the menu in the upper left corner of the screen, even though you are using the pets disk.

Are you saying that the option is not there?

(p.s. it's rather late where I live, so I'm going to log off and go to bed, but someone else may come along to help.)

3. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

4. Amber323

Amber323 New Member

I'm having the same problem. The intro screen comes up and then it sounds like its starting to run but nothing happens. I have tried defragmenting, disk cleaning, registry cleaning, uninstalling and reinstalling, renaming the drive. Nothing has worked yet. Any other suggestions?