i downloaded...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kittnwthclaws, Oct 1, 2004.

1. kittnwthclaws

kittnwthclaws New Member

i downloaded...

i downloaded a few things off simstuff and i read the directions on where to put it, it said go to my documents, ea games, the sims 2, and then body shop folder which isnt in there? i dont have body shop, although i thought it came with the game , and i do have the game. where do i put these files?:confused:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you have the game installed, then you have Body Shop too, as it installs with the game. You find it by going to Start, then Programs, then EA GAMES, then The Sims 2 and finally to a list which includes Body Shop.

Where the downloads go depends on what kind of file it is. If it is in a zip folder, you'll have to take it out of that. (Perhaps put it in a file you always use for that purpose such as "interim" or "for the game" or the like.) [font=&quot]
    [/font] There are two basic types of files. The first is the self installing file which works like an .exe file. Those will be either a .sims2skins file or a .sims2pack file. With those you just double click on it and a blue box will pop up asking if you want to install the content. Click "install" and another box comes up saying that it is successfully installed. If couldn't install it, there was something wrong with the file (often corrupted in the download process, in which case you need to redownload it.)

The other type is the .package file. Those go into My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads.

I hope this helps.

The reason you couldn't find the right file is that where that file goes has changed from the downloaded Body Shop. Keep in mind also that the user data and content now is in My Documents, not Program Files like TS1 had it. And *don't* make a downloads file if you don't find the spot. It can cause problems and means that you haven't found the right spot (usually because of looking in Program files instead of My Documents.)

3. PhooshQT

PhooshQT New Member

help

Ok so I downloaded some files off of Simresource. I unzipped them and have them in the my documents download folder. Can I delete the original zip files since they have been extracted or do I need to keep those around?

4. SuzieChapman77

SuzieChapman77 New Member

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

What is it you downloaded? Not all .package files go in Downlo~1 anymore.

6. SuzieChapman77

I downloaded a few things...

I dowloaded all types of clothes, hair and eyes eyes and all of them are the .package files...

7. SuzieChapman77

I got it to work!!!

After hours of wanting to kii things - namely the computer I got my downloads to work - I put them in a:
    C:\ Documents and settings\user\my Documents\EA Games\THe Sims 2\ Saved Sims and that worked...:eek:

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Odd place to put them...but yea... :-/

9. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

If they came in the form of prepackaged Sims, rather than individual articles of clothing, then yeah, they would belong in Saved Sims. In an attempt to make installifying custom content easy, I begin to wonder if Maxis has instead created a monster.