How Do I I give up

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, May 15, 2007.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

I give up

Okay, I admit it, I'm finally ready to cheat a little and I can't make it work. I want to get some extra money so I can move my family into one of the fancy new houses that come with Seasons. I'm trying to do the 'family funds' cheat and nada.

This is what I'm doing (in the neighborhood/family view, if the family name is Smith:( ctrl+shift+C to open the window, then typing: familyfundsSmith50000

To get the Smith family 50000 simoleans. But all I get are error messages.

I don't know how to do Motherlode and doesn't that give everyone money? What about kaching?

This is sooooo embarrassing. I may have to change my avatar.

2. MegRen

MegRen New Member

You are forgetting the spaces. "familyfunds smith 50000" will give the smith family $50,000.

3. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

If you want to use the motherlode cheat, just go to your family's home, open the cheat window and type motherlode it will give the family (and only that family) $50,000. Kaching is used the same way but it only gives $1,000. I've never need to use the family funds cheat because motherlode and kaching work just fine. :)
    However, it sounds like a good one if you want to start a sim off wealthy.

Cass.

EDIT: Um...why did the thread reorder itself? This post should be number 5 not 3. How odd.

4. Jiko

okay great I will try this now... however, YIKES! somehow in trying this I changed the neighborhood view to nighttime! Has this ever happened? How do I undo it?????

5. Jiko

okay, that worked, I got the dough - but I still got the error message too. It's still night time!

6. MegRen

MegRen New Member

In the bottom left corner there is a console-type thing where you choose Game Options, Lots, Neighborhood Decorations, whatever. There is a little icon that is a circle that looks like it's split in half. That is the daytime/nightime changer. Click that and the neighborhood should go back to daytime.

As for the error message, I can only assume you're typing the cheat in wrong or something. Which one did you use: familyfunds or motherlode?

7. Jiko

Ha, I'm back to day time. How in the world did that little button in the corner get pushed when I was way up top trying to get money? I did the familyfunds cheat and it worked - I got 50,000 for the family - but the error message came anyway. So maybe no real error. No problems as far as I can tell, except that the roller rink set me back a pretty penny and now I'm broke again.