I hate the phone!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fuzzy_ferret_luver, Feb 17, 2007.

1. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I hate the phone!!!

I mean really, does it have to ring for a freakin' 2 hours??? And then right after the adult Sims hangs up with the annoying childhood friend (who, by the way, is still a CHILD!!!) then ANOTHER person calls, usually the adult Sims' teenage sweetheart or another teenage friend.
    It annoys me to the point of where I'm about to just delete all the phones...

2. KaiitlynMx3C

KaiitlynMx3C New Member

Seriously. I still have people who I don't even care about anymore calling and saying "I don't want for our friendship to be a burden, but keep in touch..." It's mind-numbingly retarted. With a capital "Y". That's how retarted it is. Oh yeah, then your Sim dies because it can't sleep and its needs go down. All because of its stupid friend. Calling too much and killing it! Talk about death by phone.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I use Pescado's phone hack. So far it seems to work just fine with all EPs. What it does is get rid of the annoying "I hate to be a burden" thing and have the sim who calls actually talk to your sim. Plus you can call all your friends without having to individually select them.

Some of Pescado's hacks don't seem to have kept up with Pets, and have (apparently) caused problems in my game, but the phone hack works just fine. It's available at MATY.

If you don't want a hack, try these tips:

1. Call three people each day. This will stop everyone you know from calling.
    2. Get a cell phone, if you have an EP. I believe the cell phones have been patched not to wake your sim up anymore ... someone correct me if I'm wrong. You only need a landphone if you have kids (not teens) in the house, because for some dumb reason they can't have a cell phone. Of course, I've never tried having someone buy a cell phone for a kid ... that might work.
    3. Delete the phone and buy one only when you want to call someone, then delete it again. Of course this will prevent you from getting invited out (if you have Nightlife), so it's a bit extreme.

Hope this helps. Anyone else have tips?

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sim bedrooms need to be walled off, like bathrooms. And keep phones, TV sets, and other noisy things out of their bedroom, so they can sleep through the night. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for burglars, ghosts and doorbells, which also wake up sleeping sims.

I think howling wolves in Pets will wake them up, :rolleyes: too.

5. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

how do u get a cell phone??

6. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

you have i think to have the expantion OFB and then you can buy one at a kisok usually in front of a store in Bluewater Village.

7. surprised_by_witches

Cell phones are available with any EP. They first appeared in University.

8. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

thankx

i don't hav university one but i no now and will get it ta

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Can I just say that I grew up in Wellingborough? Which school you at? Wrenn?

10. fuzzy_ferret_luver

How do you get a cellphone? I have the Pets EP if that matters.

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

They're in big blue kiosks which should be found on a community lot. Click on the kiosk itself.

12. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

If your community lots dont have a kiosk just add one from the catalog b4 sending your sim there.

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If all else fails just Ctrl shift and c and type:
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

then shift click the sim you want and look for the option to give a cellphone ... if it ain't there you need an expansion pack.

Turn off the cheat with

Ctrl shift and c and type:
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

afterwards to stop you being tempted to try out all the other shiny options wot you saw while looking for the cellphone. Trust me they're no worth it ... no ... I'm being serious, don't do it. :eek:

14. surprised_by_witches

She's right. The MP3 player is super annoying and the handheld game is almost as bad. Sims will ignore their babies, homework, whatever, in favor of their gadgets.

Hmmmm ... and people say the game isn't realistic. :D

15. fuzzy_ferret_luver

I couldn't find the kiosk thing when I went into Buy Mode at the community lot.
    I went to the icon with the store stuff, then from there I went to the cash register icon and couldn't find it...that or the cologne stuff.

16. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

It came with the Uni EP, I'm not sure if it came with any other EP's but its found under the cash register (shopping) then in the electronics section. Oh and the cologne came with the nightlife EP

17. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

Help

i want my sims to woohoo it says to get them really in love then get in bed/hottub and i do that and it dunt wrk i click on them in hottub/bed and it comes up wit no options even my mates that are4 better than me on sims dont no how to get them to woohoo plz help sounds wierd me askin the question but i really wanna no how to make them !

help:confused:

18. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

The couple need to relax on the bed together and then click on one of them this should bring up the option to woohoo or try for baby if thats what you're after. I think in the hottub you need to be cuddling first for the option to come up. You can't woohoo in the normal hotubs though, just the aspiration reward one.

19. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

In addition, the two sims in question MUST have a pretty high relationship score. I'm not sure how high - maybe 70/70? Pretty high, anyway, or the "WooHoo" option will not come up...

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Plyemzi, are you playing with the PC version of the game?

And how old are your sims? Are they both adults? And if they are both adults, are both of them in love? With each other?

If there are any other sims, in particular kids, living in the house, are they sleeping in a separate room? Behind a closed door?

In many respects, Sims are very conservative little people. They might have all kinds of objections to WooHoo at that particular time and place.

But if all that's taken care of, and you're still having a problem, there could be a glitch with that particular house, which may mean you have to move them out and into another one.

Test the woohoo business with other sims in other houses, though, before taking that drastic measure. See if it's a global problem or just that household.