I have a wee problem.

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by person123, Sep 2, 2007.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I have a wee problem.

A few days ago I was looking for all my TS2 disks and such to reinstall the game, and I stumbled upon all of my old TS1 games. I suddenly had the urge to play them, particularly Makin' Magic. I found Livin' Large, House Party, Vacation, Unleashed, and Makin' Magic, but I can't find Hot Date or the original The Sims (which is my biggest problem). Obviously I can't play any of the other games without the original, and Hot Date is, in my opinion, one of the most important EPs.

I searched on Google Product Search for both games that I'm looking for, and it looks like they're only selling The Sims Deluxe Edition, which includes Livin' Large, and The Sims Complete Collection, which, obviously enough, has all the EPs. Is it worth it to shell out $40 for the Complete Collection, even when I already have six of the EPs? Or should I buy the Sims Deluxe Edition (for $25, though it's on sale for $10 at Circuit City right now) and forget about Hot Date? Is Hot Date needed in order for sims to visit the locations introduced in other EPs?

I'm still looking for them right now, so I'll post again if I find them.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Try ebay?

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

If you don't find the other EPs you want, I'd get the Deluxe. I have that one and I never got Hot Date so I don't know how good it is, but I'm sure it's great. But for the time being, I'd get Deluxe and then keep searching for Hot Date. :)

Oh and if you haven't tried amazon yet, then do because they seem to have all sorts of stuff there. :rolleyes:

4. person123

Well, I decided to get Deluxe from Circuit City because it's $10, and I also got Family Fun Stuff and Celebration Stuff because they were both only $10 also, so free shipping! Whee. I'm still looking for Hot Date, though...

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

6. Ruzz

Ruzz New Member

Why would you want to play Sims 1? My first Sims game was TS2 originial and then later I tried TS1 vacation and I was like holy **** what happened to the character customization!? Then un-installed it straight away.

Anyway, I believe what you're going through are acts on impulse >_> If you really want them ebay is the best solution. *coughtorrentcough*

7. person123

Well, I decided to order The Sims Deluxe from Circuit City because I like shiny new things and it was on sale, and I ordered some stuff packs that were on sale too so I'd get free shipping. Thanks, everyone, for replying!

Ruzz, TS1 was released about seven or eight years ago, so obviously it was a bit low-tech compared to TS2. I guess you would only understand why I want to play them if you had been simming before the release of TS2. TS1 just had a different feeling to the game. It was a lot goofier and light-hearted. Sims couldn't die of old age and all. I don't think it's really an impulse, either, since The Sims Deluxe arrived more than a week ago and I'm still playing it, along with TS2. For some reason I really missed those block hands and pixelly faces. I forgot how weirdly they walked, too! It's like they're marching.