I have hatched an elabotate plan ...

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by aaliyah, Apr 13, 2005.

1. aaliyah

aaliyah New Member

I have hatched an elabotate plan ...

I have this sim family which i really really like, they are my favourite, one of the sims in the family aren't getting along with the rest, and instead of them sending her off and she disappears for good, I am trying to marry her off to the very rich fat old man next door. Mainly for his money. The thing is, she doesn't mind marrying in her own home, but she doesn't want to move into his house.

I have tried my best to have them talk but now, the action of talking doesn't come up anymore and all they do now is kiss, hug and woo-hoo, but still i can't get an action for him to propose, they love eachother 100%, so not sure what should happen.

what i am doing is, when she marries him, she moves in with him, he dies and she inherits his money and house. then she can find a toy boy. :)

i am quite :devious:

any ideas how why he can't ask her to marry him, but she can ask him.

2. Rongaryen

Rongaryen New Member

ok is this sims or sims 2? are you working on their moods? um...are you feeding them and letting them use the bathroom?...that's the best i cna do...i know, i'm no help but yeah...i don't know what else to tell ya. good luck with that.

3. Sim_Boy020

Sim_Boy020 New Member

Question

I Don't Know But since i've Never married:shocked: On the sims! What is a toy boy? If you want to get a lot of money and have a lot of time Press Ctrl+Shift+C and Enter rosebud

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

And since we are going very off topic here, Sim Boy020, I'd like to say that to get an even larger amount of money type in motherlode. Yep, I did spell it right (I think). And most ppl on here know that cheat anyway. aaliyah, I'm sorry - I can't help you there!

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Is the guy shy? I had a shy sim who really wanted to marry an outgoing sim yet refused to propose.

You may need to make your plan even more elaborate, as follows:

Move someone, anyone, into the house with rich guy. If you have university you can just plop 'em in, if not he'll have to invite someone. This way, he won't lose his stuff.
    Have girl invite rich guy to live with her family ... I think they have to live together before they can get married.
    Marry 'em off.
    Have them move out and move back into his house, using cheats to give them enough cash.
    Move roommate out.

That's one way it could work. Another is to put something the girl really likes in the old man's house and try again ... maybe if he had a piano or a really nice piece of art she might change her mind? Just a thought.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Can't you even get him to propose for her to move in with him? That should be available if they're at 100/100 and there is room in his household for her. She should also accept the offer so long as she is not totally in the red on aspirations and mood.

You should know that there are also a number of factors that can affect the moving-in/moving out equation. I have had situations where I have been tearing my hair out trying to move a couple out of a house ... and then it all goes smooth as butter a day or so later because a baby has grown into a toddler, or a dead sim has manifested as a ghost. (I don't say those things specifically block movers-in/out but they seem to have done as far as I can see ... frankly I don't worry too much. I play for the fun of it and save math and serious logic for totting up my cheque book :p )

7. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Isn't this more of The Sims 2 talk? There is no uni for TS. Or is there?!?!

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

No there's no uni for TS1.

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oops. Sorry I got confused. Scratch my advice. It doesn't work for Sims. I thought this was a Sims 2 thread ...

10. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Yes, it does seem like that. Someone should move it. But only moderators have super-natural powers like that!

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL guess it has been moved.

Okay, I had this problem from time to time in TS1. If the other sim is in a bad mood, hungry, has to pee, whatever, then they will not accept a proposal. The 1st thing to do is to offer the sim food, fun, good conversation, some kisses, and then give the the opportunity to go to the bathroom. ;)