Troubleshooting I Love Sims But It Does Not Love Me

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Davidon21, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

I Love Sims But It Does Not Love Me

hey guy,
    i got a brand new PC game, The Sims 2
    i tryed the game on my friends computer
    but when i bought it and installed it on my computer
    it wasn't right
    the installation was successful
    but when i played the game it keeps on crashing
    a messages pops up saying the application has crashed and it closes
    when i start it i play for awhile sometimes i play more then a half an hour and sometimes i could only play for 5minutes
    it does not matter where i am in the game the menu,game play,options
    it shuts down randomlly
    i have no idea what to do
    i have a okay graphics card its a geoforce 4 titnuem
    what should i do /????????????????????:eek:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It would be helpful to know all your system specs, not just your "Geoforce 4". Most of the Geoforce 4 cards, although they'll work for the game, are not going to let you play very easily. And if that's your video card, then it could be that other parts of your system, such as your RAM and CPU (processor) are also borderline.

So, the first thing which would help us help you, is to give us the information on all your computer specs, with more information about your Geforce 4 video card (like how much video RAM does it have.)

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Check the FAQs if you don't know how to find your specs.

4. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Unfortunately, you can't link files directly on your computer. What you can do, however, is go to a website like www.photobucket.com and register an account with them. Then, you can upload the snapshot there and use those tags.

Or, option number two: you can upload the screenshot directly to Worldsims by going to the bottom of the screen of the "advanced editor" and using "manage attachments."

Attached Files:

6. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

the chip type : Geforce 4 Ti 4200
    DAC type integrated RAMDAC
    memory size: 128MB

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

8. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

is there anything i could do to fix this?

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well ... supplying a dxdiag report would be the first step ... :rolleyes:

10. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

what is that? and how do i do it?

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You know, I've been wondering why I didn't exactly break my neck in rushing to repair my computer and get back on the internet. Davidon21, are you being deliberately stupid?

:rolleyes:

12. Davidon21

Davidon21 New Member

no im just new to these stuff....
    i bouht this game and i have a regular computer i just wanna play HELP!~

13. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Are you also new to reading? Mirelly has posted everything you need to know about DxDiag.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you want help then first help yourself.

Read this whole thread again.

Here's a picture to help you. The arrow point to a link you were given. You need to click the link and then read the page you are sent to. After reading the page, follow the instructions and then post the results here and we will help. Click the picture to see a larger version ....

[​IMG]

15. Nikky171

Nikky171 New Member

Same Problem

I am using a PC with everything updated- (I followed the directions for the dxdiag as suggested)..I can also play other games on this sytem with similar/higher gaming requirements The problem started a few months ago where the game would crash without warning, and has now progressed to me being completely unable to use the game. I would often get the "blue screen of death" which would then crash the computer while many times an error message would come up thus freezing the game. (both of these problems required that I restart the computer) At this point in time the game will freeze 100% of the time directally after the "Loading...X family" screen comes up..the picture will display of my family, but it will attempt to load for up to 5 minutes at which point it crashed my compter. I would hate to have to uinstall/reinstall and loose all the things i've done so far. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have seen similar issues posted on other sites so I know I'm not the only one.

-thanks

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Nikky, if you followed the directions for dxdiag, then you got some information about your computer. You should have seen a page of detail about your computer specifications.

No one here know anything about your computer and can't help you until you list the information you got from the dxdiag.

Do you understand?

Can you "cut" and "paste" that information here?