I need help on finding out somthing

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by lilmonkeyeao, Jun 10, 2004.

1. lilmonkeyeao

lilmonkeyeao New Member

I need help on finding out somthing

Hey on the sims for playstation 2 I cant get it to work. Its driving me insane
    :mad: . Also whats with the blue side of the disc shouldent it be clear?

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

What happens when you put your game in and try to play? I don't have a playstation 2 but I think I've seen blue discs for them before. You might try going to the official playstation site or the official sims site to look up help for getting it to work! Or try going to the store where you bought your game and see if they can figure out whether it's because the game is broken and needs to be replaced or something.

3. Crazy13

Crazy13 New Member

I Need Help Finding Out Something!

If you have scracthes on it my neighbor said that to get rid of scratches all you have to do is get tooth paste and a tooth brush then just put the tooth paste on the tooth brush (obviously) then rub the tooth brush into the grain of the cd! And he also said it works just like new!! But i havent ever tried it so im not sure if it works or not! :D But i dont want you to ruin your game so i suggest you take Fae's advice! :p

4. Bri5002

Bri5002 New Member

lol. thats weird.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

There are disc repair kits to polish off scratches, I'd trust them more than I'd trust scrubbing on my cd with a toothbrush! :p

6. crdpolaris

crdpolaris New Member

Yeah. It probably just boiled down to the disc getting cleaner:p I don't think the toothpaste method will work:p BTW, all playstation 2 discs are blue on the data side. They use DVD storage now.

7. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

btw this thread does belong in the sims 1 forum. off we go

*please keep all hands arms and other body parts inside until the thread comes to a complete stop*

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Toothpaste does work. :D:p But for the major scratches you may need a new disk. (The scratch may have hit the data.)

9. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

Wait.. Hold on...

For some reason.. PS2 does have a problem with blue disks and DVDs... I am on my 3rd PS2 and they all had the same problem.. they really need to make only CD-Roms for it....

I know.. but this may be for advice in The Sims ...

And secondly... I do recommend you save up for a different console... because for playstation you may have good graphics and all but with all the repairs needed for it... I would go with an X-Box or GameCube... Oh well I got all 3... so Im glad...

And maybe save up for The Sims Bustin' Out... very good graphics... I have it for GC....

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

*Nods about X-Box* :D

11. wize_guy123

Within..

all games Nintendo should not have any glitches since it has been in business since 1981 or so....

X-Box should be the same with 1 or 2 glitches since it has been in business since maybe 1990 at least...

Playstation which I think has the most glitches has only been in business for about 8 years...

12. Viridel

Viridel New Member

X-Box should have by far the most glitches, since it is manufactured by Microsoft...

When is the last time they relaeased a product that worked perfectly right out of the box???

13. wize_guy123

Very True...

14. Viridel

Viridel New Member

Saying Nintendo should have less errors because it is 20 years old than Playstation is like saying that PC software (40+ years) should have wayyy fewer errors than Nokia's N*Gage (~1 year).

It's not the platform that causes the errors... It's the programmers. PC software will always be inherently buggy because it's easy to fix (patch). Direct-Access-Only (aka. cannot be edited) software, which is every console that I know of, must be flaw-free on release... Or else you end up doing a recall, which I cannot recall ever happening.

On another topic on here, yes toothpaste will work, as long as you use a gel-based one, and not a baking soda based one (which will block the lazer). Whomever it was that said to rub it in with a toothbrush though... Ummm, duh? Yeah, don't do that. Finger or lint-free dishcloth.