i need ideas!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by topaz0991, Aug 12, 2002.

1. topaz0991

topaz0991 New Member

i need ideas!

hi ! i'm getting bored with the sims and i can't aford an expansion pack,please give me some uniqu idease to do with my sims! :bunny: :) :cool:

2. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Their only 20 bloody quid!!!!
    I have ALL the expansion packs!!

3. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Their only 20 bloody quid!!!!
    I have ALL the expansion packs!!

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It does seem people have a tendency to echo themselves here :confused:

5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo New Member

Make your own objects, skins etc, start a website :D

Download T-Mog and Simpose and get creating, its so much fun!

6. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

try visiting a site with hacked objects like www.simslice.com those objects do not all require expansions.

also you could try doing a theme house...and album then put it on the exchange :)

7. ManagerJosh

The exchange has been known to be causing lots of problems. Maxis is still looking into it, but it has been very buggy recently.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If you don't want to MAKE stuff with the transmogrifier you can always go to all the sims fan sites where other people have made cool stuff, and go looking for the kinds of themed stuff you like. I like foresty faerie fantasy stuff, I found a lot of neat stuff I liked and it inspired me to make a waterfall shower. ^-^

9. ManagerJosh

Wow that sounds neat Fae. Any screenshots?

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

not yet, I guess I should make some next time I play ^-^ I want to do a whole nature/faerie kind of set... if I can ever get the part of multi tile objects to align right, I've had trouble with slight gaps between each tile, like on couches and tables etc.

11. reniusa

reniusa New Member

When I was bored.....

Before unleashed........of course

When I was bored I would do some of the following:

1. Go on a downloading spree.

2. Make a family with 8 people, all having different jobs.

3. Maka a family with 1 adult and 7 kids.

4. Try to build and decorate houses according to real housplans. http://www.coolhouseplans.com has some.

5. Make family albums, you could also read some of the ones at The Sims main site to get some game playing ideas.

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I like the make houses based on real houses thing myself, my friend made some of her first sims herself and her boyfriend and his brother, all running around a sims version of his apartment! He saw it and freaked out over it!! heehee! My biggest problem making versions of real houses is the whole "how many tiles do I make THIS?" question of dimension, like when the room isn't THAT big, but you'd need more tiles to fit all the furniture etc. in....

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Someday soon I'll upload my shower screenshots to boomspeed and share them here... maybe get some advice on making it less cartoony looking, as I drew the whole thing from scratch... maybe I should make one using a waterfall pic for reference. :p

14. reniusa

reniusa New Member

That is funny!! I haven't made a house just like mine........that is a great idea.

Funny how you never think of these things, even when it is obvious...LOL