I, Sim

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Maybe Ania could be the center of your next story...continue on the saga. She could stumble across the mirrors as a teen and maybe meet and fall in love with one of Harcourt's children...wouldn't that be interesting twist! Of course throw a little more drama in there than just that. Ania could be the next Errol...in a sense.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sort of an Errol and Harcourt second generation. Maybe they'd meet whatever was uncubating on the moon. :eek: (I don't know what it is yet.)

I am sort of curious as to what Ania looks like when she grows up, that is to say, if the features she clearly inherited from her Dad are softened and can be made attractive. Too bad she didn't inherit her Mom's face.

OFB loaded OK. I've been playing with it a little with Veronaville households to see how downloads and other things work before I touch my important households, like Errol's or Emmeline's. Emmeline has some serious money, as in more than 5 million simoleons because of the downtown money glitch. She could buy any business she wanted. :rolleyes: But that's too easy. Errol will be more fun. Can you have a business selling used cars? Or a pawn shop? :p

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yay! A wonderful story! I enjoyed every bit of it. :D I'm also curious as to how Ania will turn out.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You can sell cars from home but not from a business. I'm not sure about a pawn shop, per se. You can sell anything you can buy, so you could pretend it was pawned.

Looking forward to your next story!

5. jupitershana

Actually you can sell cars from a business, as long as you have the "Show My Ride Display by Extremo Cars" You could pretend they are used if you only sell the more "run down" cars. But really they are new cars.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Where do you find that? Is that with the cars?

7. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Thank you for writing this story, Lynet! I really enjoyed it. Sorry to see it end.

I'll be waiting for your next story!

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

:) I hope I can do more soon. It's really nice to see all these complements about I, Sim. Believe it or not I have another germ of an idea. Don't know if it will work at all but I'm doing a little research on it with OFB.

I want to know about this, too. Errol can't afford another lot at the moment but if he and Kate keep working and get a couple of promotions...

9. jupitershana

I had to load up my game to find out myself...it's under the surfaces/counters section, and then the sub-section of misc. under that.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thanks for the info, Shana. This EP is so complicated. I'm late to install it and late to figure out how to do things with it. I've played with one couple in Veronaville for practice, giving them a business of sorts in the home and they're practically destitute, barely getting by. They're clumsy with the cash register, upset their customers by trying to sell to them, and only have junk to sell, like folding chairs and sandwiches. I've even put their shrubs and trees up for sale. :p If it weren't for the ticketron ... :eek: Anyway, I've not used any money cheats. Self-discipline, although I'm sorely tempted sometimes.

I don't dare let Errol try for a business yet until I've figured out at least some of this. Of course, his learning all this along with me might be amusing.

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I finally was able to sit down and finish your story, Lynet...Very, Very well done! And the pictures were amazing! What a lot of work you put into it...How did you ever find the time??? Sure glad you did, though!!!:D

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Brava! Brava!
    Encore, encore!

I wonder if you buy the cars wholesale?? then mark up the price.

13. jupitershana

That's the only way it would let me buy them on a community lot, in wholesale mode.

14. skatoolaki

skatoolaki New Member

I am so very glad to have gotten this link - and I can't even begin to put into words how much I enjoyed this story, and fell in love with its characters. I was genuinely sad to see it end (but loved the happy ending!).

Thanks so much for all of the hard work you put into this, Lynet. You really entertained everyone with your talents. This was just, simply, great stuff! You have a new fan!

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thank you. I hadn't seen this story up on page 1 for quite awhile. It was a little bit of shock to see it again. I had a lot of fun with Errol and Harcourt, and enjoyed sharing them. :D