I WANT A BAR! A real bar, one where I can go and drink

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Rowanstaff, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

I WANT A BAR! A real bar, one where I can go and drink

The Veronaville Market gets a bar. Its on the first floor. With a black laquered bar that serves drinks. But the bars AREN'T EVEN IN THE COMMUNITY BUY MENU!!!!! :mad: How the ever living (bad word) did the Veronaville market get it? :confused: How can I?? :confused: ARG! A Pox on you Veronaville and the designer who built your market!!!

All I want is a libation establishment thaty can serve libations. Sometimes a Sim needs a beer to cry into. :ermm:

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I found a TON of stuff hidden away in the Misc. category, it might be hiding in there.... good luck finding it for your poor thirsty sims!! I finally found a counter I could put my sinks in there, when I couldn't find them in the shop or dining sort categories. :p

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Sigh....

I've looked and looked and looked and scoured and then looked again. I cried somewhere in there too. And yet, no bar DANG DESIGNER CHEATER PEOPLE :(

Maybe there's a way to clone the Veronaville lot, deconstruct all but the bar, then build a new bar around the old bar... hmmm

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well whatever you do... DO NOT DELETE THAT BAR!! ;)

I just had a thought! You know the Eyedropper tool? Try going into your lot with the bar in Build Mode, and use the Eyedropper tool to click on the bar, and if it works like with every other object, it SHOULD take you to the objects menu where the bar is, AND give you a second bar selected and ready for placement in Build mode! Try this and see if we can't find where they've hidden the bar!!! :bunny:

5. donkeygirl

donkeygirl New Member

Eyedropper tool doesn't seem to work for me in the community lot. The bar is reasonably easy to find at home though- just go to 'miscellaneous', and then to the 'parties' category- the bars are right at the end of that :)

If anyone can find them in the community BUY mode I'd be interested to hear...

6. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Tried that

I tried the eyedropper in Veronaville Market--it does not work. It does not dupe the bar or open where it is. CRAP!

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Aaargh! Sorry the eyedropper idea didn't work... I guess it was worth a try. :(

I'll be sure to go into build mode in a community lot and search for it next time I play. If I find it I'll come let you know!!!!

8. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Bar Location

According to my guide book the bar is located in all the sections of the community lot buy mode. Try looking in each of the Misc. sub-sections

9. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

If you're referring to the Prima guide, it's wrong about a lot of things. Far as I know, the bars do not appear in the community lot catalog, and the only way to get one is to use the changelotzoning cheat to temporarily change the lot to a residential one.

10. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Yes, I was referring to the Prima guide. I didn't realize that it was wrong about anything, though. But I don't remember having any problems getting the bar from Buy mode when I've been on a community lot. I'll test it tomorrow and let you know exactly, though.;)

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Bars are located under the cash register symbol, miscellaneous (three dots). There are several to pick from. I picked the "grease stained" one for my dive bar and my sim sat and drank for a long time.

Hope this helps.