i was at the store...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by casey lynn, Oct 25, 2003.

1. casey lynn

casey lynn New Member

i was at the store...

browsing sim stuff when i noticed most the sim expansion packs were gone (2 stores). the clerk like lady told me they were told to remove all the expansion packs for sims2. that's interesting.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

There were plenty of the older expansions at Best Buy tonight... Don't remember seeing any makin' magic tho.

3. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

yeah i saw a bundle of all fo em for 20 bucks! and i saw the double edition or w/e its referred to as

sim2 must COME OUT NOW! lol

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

expansion packs at 20.00 a piece isn't unusual. @ 10.00, now that's a killing.

5. lilfaeriegirl078

i think you mightve misunderstood me... if u didnt then im mistaken. but there were all 5 of the EP's in a bundle pack selling for 20 bucks for the whole thing! Sheesh! to think of how much money i wasted on the first sims!

6. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

whoa 20 bucks for all of em..... lol thats pretty cheap

7. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

yeah that IS cheap.

8. lilfaeriegirl078

yeah and it wasnt on sale or anything. that was the retail price. thats just dumb considering how much of my money i wasted on original sims

9. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Supply and demand, kiddies. The most fundamental rule of the business world. Would you want to buy EP's now that TS2 is about to come out? Of course not. Who would? That's why the EPs were sold in $20 bundles. How long have you been playing the EP's already? It's not like the moment you spent $20 dollars buying an EP they come out with a bundle which costs the same but includes 4 other EP's. Would you have waited even if you knew at the beginning that the EP's would cost five times less three years later? Same goes for TS2. I bet that 90% of you would jump at the chance to throw down your 50 smackaroos for the chance to bring it home. Usher in the new and retire the old I say.

10. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I can't belive I spent all of my hard earned cash on sum EP's which would just be retired 3 yrs later.

11. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Yeah, I agree with you Afro....welcome to Sucker land where the fat bloated capitalists reign supreme and you and I nickle and dime it at the local supermarket....

Yet, Oinkie is also right as I would probably be tempted to rush out and buy Sims2 if my kids didn't tell me that it would overwhelm our computer...so much for self-restraint and control...hmmm, the fat bloated capitalists obviously have my number!! :eek: