Ideas for parties in Houseparty?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by BabyaSim, Feb 22, 2003.

1. BabyaSim

BabyaSim New Member

Best ideas for partkes

What are some good ways of building, and running party rooms./parties, i have house party?

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

(I split this off so it could be it's very own thread, since it started a whole new topic! :) )

I like setting up my sims house so there is a "party" room or area, then I put a buffet and some tables and chairs so they can eat at the party, and I put the dance floor and dj booth so there's music, and then I learned to ALSO put extra BATHROOMS!! ;) :D So I make a couple of bathrooms off the side of the main room, and have lots of stalls and sinks in them! This helps keep my sims main house bathrooms from being filled with about 4-5 sims all waving each other out and going on the floor when they're blocked!! :eek: The bathroom factor turns out to be pretty important when you have many sims gathered in an area!

3. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

I do that too Fae. I also make sure there is a dishwasher and trash compactor close to the buffet table to make it easier for the caterer to use and keep the place cleaned up. I also add a row of seats and a big screen tv or a cinema screen. After everyone gets there and has eaten, I then buy a large party cake and hire a dancer. That is usually when Drew Carrey shows up.

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I should try the seats and big tv thing sometime, my sims have trouble with wanting more COMFORT at parties so if they sit down to watch tv they socialize and get comfort, yay! :D Guess I just thought of parties as dancing! :p

5. kyburg

kyburg New Member

Where did you find the buffet table? I can't find it anywhere!

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It comes with House Party :)...if you don't have it, you're outta luck

7. gyrobot

gyrobot New Member

Actually I remeber it is also available in vacation but with a different texture. And I think Vacation have it also.