Spore If we're all using each others stuff?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by jowo, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jowo

jowo New Member

If we're all using each others stuff?

What happens if you are the first to buy spore what then? that'd mean according to what Will Maxis (cant remember his full name) said we'll be using each others stuff but at the beginning there will be very few animals to add. So hopefully you can make several of your own with out having to necessarily play them. Do you know how maxis is going to sort out this initial problem?

2. Mexses

Mexses New Member

I think they're providing a good amount of starting creatures with the game itself. Atleast that's something I tought I heard in the GDC presentation.

His name is Will Wright by the way :p

3. jowo

jowo New Member

thanks for clearing that up :)

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The game is almost in some sense like a virus or bacteria. Content will be added exponentially. Essentially if you had one or two people create something, and send it up, you have two species to choose from. But reintroduce those two species into a new player, it will ultimately create a stronger species resetting the entire cycle and forcing an upward movement in the evolutionary chain.

It would be a total outbreak and eventually flood the game with countless variables and possibilites of species.

5. jowo

jowo New Member

cool

6. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

What josh said and also I think some more people will get the game by the time your into a part of the game where you can recognise them as creatures and not just blobs you have to run from or eat.

7. jowo

jowo New Member

Yes but I was saying If you are the first that wouldnt work. And if your one of the first you dont exactly have a wide range to choose from.
    I dont really see the point in taking other players stuff though if theres already a database

8. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Well the database is just as large as the developers make it.
    What will wants is somone to make a race and then that persons neighbor to be able to destroy that race without ruining it for the player.

Well the database is just as large as the developers make it.
    What will wants is somone to make a race and then that persons neighbor to be able to destroy that race without ruining it for the player.

9. Fizzbang

Fizzbang New Member

Eh, you do realize that they won't release the game with no creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc. options, right?

You saw how many different things they've made so far. I'm sure they just have people tampering with them and adding them to a database, there could already be THOUSANDS to pick from at this point.

For all we know, they could have said "Okay guys, when you go home, fiddle around with the creature database for an hour or two and just add whatever you got. Do this at least twice a week so we can get some creatures added.", and before we know it, bam. Tons of creatures.

Now, add in the players who'd be in the beta for it in order to test everything, and then all the other people who are allowed to play it before it 'officially' comes out.

All in all, i'd say you have nothing to worry about.