News IGN’s preview on The Sims 3: Goals, Moodlets, Traits and Rewards

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

IGN’s preview on The Sims 3: Goals, Moodlets, Traits and Rewards

Over at IGN you can read a new preview for The Sims 3 on the different characteristics of Sims.* As you know, the characters are built more solid giving them their own unique abilities as goals, moods and traits are added.* The article states that Maxis is currently still working on adding traits to the game, so numbers are not set in stone yet.* But there will be many of them.* Here’s a snippet of their article:

Your choice of traits will have a big impact on how your sim behaves and his or her strengths and weaknesses, but it won’t lock you out of content. Any sim, for instance, can choose any career, but if your traits are really at odds with a particular career you’ll certainly have a harder time. By way of example, if you make a sim who’s hot-headed, rude, inappropriate and evil, and then choose the political career – a path that requires charisma and lots of relationship building – progressing through that career may then be quite difficult.

WHOA!* Did you catch the sublimal message the the quote above?* I can’t believe you missed it…I’ll point it out to you below in bold:

Your choice of traits will have a big impact on how your sim behaves and his or her strengths and weaknesses, but it won’t lock you out of content. Any sim, for instance, can choose any career, but if your traits are really at odds with a particular career you’ll certainly have a harder time. By way of example, if you make a sim who’s hot-headed, rude, inappropriate and evil, and then choose the political career – a path that requires charisma and lots of relationship building – progressing through that career may then be quite difficult.

What does that spell out?* Bill Clinton.* Is this a secret Sim confirmed for the game?* Hey…wait a minute, this could be an interesting marketing scheme.* I can see it now:* “The Sims 3:* Clinton Edition - with free stained Sims 3 shirt!”

[​IMG]

*Laughs* “I approve of this message”​