Importing downtown lots

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by jadamay, Jan 13, 2002.

1. jadamay

jadamay New Member

Importing downtown lots

Everytime I try to import a downtown lot I get dumped out onto my desktop and the game quits. I went to the sims website, and did everything they said to do to fix it but it still doesn't work. I re-installed hot date like they said and it still does it. I have all the expansion packs and I re-installed all of them, but I still can't import any downtown lots. They download as far as I know but I can't import them. Please help me.

2. lworley

lworley New Member

Hmm

This sounds peculiar indeed, you said you reinstalled them, well first of all the game is crashing due to a incorrect skin on the downtown lot or objects or if you are trying to import the .iff file.

Secondly, you probrably uninstalled and reinstalled straight away.

Uninstall the game again. Then browse to C:\Program Files\

look for the maxis folder and go inside.

If inside the maxis folder there is only one folder called "The Sims" then delete the whole maxis folder, if other folders are in the maxis folder as well as "the Sims" just delete "The Sims" folder.

Then reinstall the game and see.

Warning!

Do not delete any folders without uninstalling them first. Otherwise an incorrect registry can occur and can ruin any future attempts of a reinstall before editing registry. Registry editing is strongly not advised.