How Do I Improve Medical Research

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by sookielee, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Improve Medical Research

I have a sim at Level 7-8 in the medical career. At level 4 they start needing research for promotions. My sims has read every journal brought home and it is not improving. It still a yellow smiley.

How can I increase it to a green smiley?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Its the number of journals read that should make the smiley go up. For every journal or two the smiley should go up one level...It might be a glitch. Have you updated with the new patch?

3. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Yes, I have updated with the patch, I even went in and created a Sim, put him in medical field, cheated like crazy with testingcheatenabled. He read every journal, everyday and still never improved his ranking above the yellow smiley. I checked the library, computer and everything I could think of. I have a feeling this was an unfinished skill of some kind, so as long as you read them it wont hurt your promotion chances.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think you're right about it being something you don't have to finish to get a promotion. My Sim has been promoted up the medical field and she hasn't gotten a happy face for "research" yet.

5. Looktothestars

Looktothestars New Member

Truthfully after having the smiley face not go up at all after reading soo many of those research sheets, I stopped even having my sim waste time on it. She still got promotions and the world didn't fall apart because I didn't. The only time I've ever had problems with the smiley face on matters such as that is trying to do those stupid police report things. However even with the angery face, I still got promotions with him. >.>

6. Jassey

Jassey New Member

I am a medical student of Final Year. I am doing research on Genetics and I have to complete my thesis work is any way there i get further detail about Genetics so that My research Paper will be a good one

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think you're looking in the wrong place for help. This is about "research" in The Sims 3 (a video game.) It's not about real life research.

8. ashleyy

ashleyy New Member

You should search for some good books related to the genetic field.

9. sheeda

sheeda New Member