Spore In Game Footage Of Flying Creature

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Tohau Stevanu, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Tohau Stevanu

Tohau Stevanu New Member

In Game Footage Of Flying Creature

Ive Seen The Same question over and over again.... "Can i make a flying creature?" To tell you the truth i dont know... but i have a video of a flying thing in the game that somehow no ones noticed...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198

Watch this right as Will is taking his lizard thing out of the water. Look at the top right of the screen at 5:15 seconds. and again at 5:25 over a tree at the top and again at 5:35 it goes zipping across the screen at the top... It looks like a giant bat to me.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You're right, there is definitely a creature flying around. But, is it a creature we can create, that's yet to be answered.

3. Drago Solaris

Drago Solaris New Member

Okay i am pretty sure and hopeful that flying creatures WILL be available to create, after watching that video over and over the winged thing is DEFINATLY not just part of the atmosphere like a sprite, it is an actual 3D model, which leads me to believe that it was created and is useable. Second off if you go to the spore official site, in the screenshots page theres is a picture of a winged bull of sorts, though due to its mass/wing ratio it looks like that things not flying anywhere fast it DEFINATLY has wings. Also if you go onto the first screenshot of the bottem set you get a high-res picture from inside the creature editor, not only does the image for the hands menu look VERY wing shaped there are also two rather funky looking icons on the bottem and i cant work out what they might be for.

Also howdy all, first post =D