Spore Info Updates

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Apr 2, 2005.

1. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Info Updates

I'll update you guys here with new info i get! :smile:

Two Big news:

1. Spore will be released for both PC and Xbox2! :D

2.Almost the whole Maxis team is working on Spore right now ;)

Enjoy, i'll search for more scoops! :bouncy:
    Heat

2. Arsonide

Arsonide New Member

You should check gamingsteve's boards more often :p That's been up for a while.

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

If that's been up for a while, why didn't you post it here, so this community knows about it aswell :rolleyes: ....anyway, i prefer to be here more, cause i love this community and iv'e been part of it for a long time..

Thanks for the tip
    Heat ;)

4. Sash

Sash New Member

Mr.Heat, where did you find this information? I'd like to post it on my site, and I'd like to know where it came from (I'll give u credit, of course).

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Ain't searching for credit, i just got it from gamingsteve.com , you can always say you found it on snooty forums though :silly:

Heat

6. Sash

Sash New Member

GamingSteve...lol. Better add that to my list :p

7. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Ewww... how about Nightlife "quote: almost the whole maxis team working on Nightlife now"?

8. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Re: Info Updates

What about The Sims 2? :(

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Almost, theyr'e over 700 people there, so even if 50 of them are working on Sims, it will still be enough...i guess..

Heat

10. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Oooh, I didn't see the almost part. >_>

700? Wow, I thought there only where 50 people as part of Maxis in the first place. o.O

11. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

When sims first got off they were 70....so...it grew alot as we can see..

Heat

12. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Well, it's a lucrative job (referring to the money Sims' franchise earned).

13. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I think they should prioritise The Sims 2. As soon as they've made all the EPs they should get on to Spore, slowly leaking details of the EPs they've actually made months/years earlier throughout.

14. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Thanks for that Mr.Heat that's totally cool :spin:

15. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Thanks, but aren't some of the Maxis team working on, TheSims2 Nightlife, TheSims# (I am sure there starting it) SimCity5, other Sims Eps, and all TheSims2 stuff, like on console, phones, GBAs, PSP. Maybe they work on something on day then change the next day. Not realy sure. But then again I heard, that Will Wright took a team just for Spore and left some other people to work at Maxis. I read that somewhere. :D Doesn't realy matter just as long as it comes out., and soon.

16. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Will Wright was supposed to have gotten a number of people from the Demo Scene. With the premise of the game being player created content and the production team being kept small, it's possible that very few people from the original Maxis teams are working on Spore at all.

17. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Thats pretty much what I ment..You just made it into 1 sentace compared to my long, explanation. :D

18. Snooty

Snooty New Member

Actually.... Sims 1 only started a team of about 10 people. When EA took over, they increased it to about 24.

If you meant Sims 2, it indeed started with about 70 and then it grew to about 250 at the later stages.

However, the Spore team really also started small with only about 10 people and is growing, but certainly not the entire Maxis team. I mean there is Simcity 5 being worked on, Sims 2 on all the consoles/handhelds/mobilephones, Sims 2 expansion packs, etc.

19. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Thats what I thought, and some of the team, maybe like 5 is working on TheSims3. And the 3rd Ep for the Sims. :D