SimCity 4 install code lost, but already installed

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Jwchs, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Jwchs

Jwchs New Member

install code lost, but already installed

I have lost my install code for sim city 4 and I currently have it installed on an old machine I am getting rid of. I want to install it on my new computer. Is there a way to find out my install code from the older computer with it already installed so I can move it to the new computer with that code? thanks

J

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

It's not exactly the same, but check this out by Mirelly. Just change from The Sims 2 Nightlife to SimCity4.

3. Jwchs

Jwchs New Member

didn't work

I looked there but I didn't see the install code, is there anywhere else that information might be stored in my computer? Is there anything I can do not to pay the money that EA charges if I lost the code. I mean I do have one computer running the computer, but I want to just transfer it to my newer one. Thank you

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Click Start then Run; type regedit then click ok.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    + SOFTWARE\
    ++ Electronic Arts\
    +++ Maxis\
    ++++ Sim City 4\
    +++++ ergc

5. Jwchs

Jwchs New Member

Thank you for your reply but I have looked there and I didn't see the install code, or any other information within the sim city 4 folder. Is there anywhere else that the code might be on my computer?

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Changing the appropriate folders didn't help you find it either? Hmm.

If it's not located in one of those areas then I'm not sure if there's an alternate way... Unfortunately, if those didn't work, you may need to get another serial from EA. This link explains how to get a new one: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?p=106927#post106927