Troubleshooting install in order?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ineedhelpPlay, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

install in order?

hey i was jst wondering whether i could install the sims 2 expansion packs NOT depending on order?like i install pets,then uni, then nightlife?

coz i rmbr that i had a problem with the sims 1.After i installed makin magic, i installed vacation, then they said they detected a new version on the com and i had to install makin magic again to play.

2. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

It's better to install in order of release.

3. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

You can. You can install it in in no particular order, but you'll have to use the most recent game disk to play. For example you install Pets, Uni, then Nightlife. In the end you'll still need the Pets disk to play - you can't use Nightlife in this case.

I've never paid much attention to the order I install my game in, to be honest, and nope, didn't have any huge explosions :D

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

EA recomends it if you don't use deluxe. :)
    And sure some people don't have probs. However many do.

5. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

Just to wake this thread up a little, if that's okay, I now have Bon Voyage, Pets, Nightlife, Uni, Family Fun stuff, Teen Style stuff. So, in what order do you recommend I install them?

I have actually put them all in, but it's not working properly :(, so would love a bit of input.
    x