SimCity 4 Installation problems

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by duquem550, Jun 19, 2007.

1. duquem550

duquem550 New Member

Installation problems

When is almsot finishing the installation it appear a msn: "A probllems has occur... Sound.dat cant be copy"

ANy recommendation...

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You could try copying the entire CD to your computer and installing it from your hard drive.

3. duquem550

duquem550 New Member

How?

Duquem550

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That infiormation is in the Frequently Asked Questions ... seek and ye shall find.

5. duquem550

duquem550 New Member

When copying disk2 it occurs a problem, the problems is: I cant copy sound.dat (The last part of disk2)

6. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Did you try checking your disk for scratches or fingerprits, or even dirt.
    Wiping disc with soft cloth?

7. simjuglee45

simjuglee45 New Member

Same problem!

BION... (Is that a real acronym? Oh well...) Believe it or not, I have the same issue! :shocked::shocked::shocked: My sound.dat file could not be retrieved from the media or something. I have tried cleaning my disc COUNTLESS times... Even once involving toothpaste and another time involving ScotchGuard... Anyways, that obviously doesn't work, so you could try downloading a patch at thesims.com (If there is one) or download an update. Otherwise, you could try shutting off System Restore before you install the game, and put it back on after... You get to System Restore by right-clicking on My Computer, select properties from the drop-down list, and click the system restore tab. Check the box that says, "Turn System Restore off". I'm trying that right now... So, if you have any solutions, please inform me! Thanks.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Erm ... :confused: