Troubleshooting Installed Sims2 University - Exception files made and won't work properly

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by robyn7, Jul 28, 2009.

1. robyn7

robyn7 New Member

Installed Sims2 University - Exception files made and won't work properly

Hey guys,

I have Sims2, Nightlife and Glamour Stuff installed on my laptop which work fine,

Since coming home i have used a new(ish) copy of 'Double Deluxe' which installed fine, but when i tried my also new(ish) copy of University Life on my Home PC it wouldn't start (when i clicked on the new icon on desktop) I opened up the Deluxe version which said i had installed the University one, and once i got to the 'Make-a-character' screen there was no young adult option, though there were the new hairstyles. There were also no new apparent clothes for the University expansion.
    Anyway i closed it all down uninstalled the University expansion and checked the Program File where there was a TSBin with several Sims2Exception2009.07.28 15.33.38 - when opened it came up with:

Exception time: 07/28/2009, at 15:33:39.
    Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
    Current thread ID: 3836 (0x00000efc).
    Version information:
    Application/module path: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe
    Application/module version name: The Sims 2 University
    Application/module version: 1.1.0.286
    System version: Windows NT 5.1
    System memory: 1024 Megabytes total, 556 Megabytes free.
    Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT
    Exception module: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe.
    Exception address: 0x00df9dc0. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x009f8dc0.

..plus a whole load of other numbers and things which i don't have a clue about.

I have attatched my latest DxDiag report, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Robyn

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Install new graphic drivers from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.38_whql.html

After installing university, try starting the game using the double deluxe icon, as nightlife came after university.

You can only create young adults in the university neighborhood's CAS.