Troubleshooting Installing problems?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Kimazing, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Kimazing

Kimazing New Member

Installing problems?

I'm not very good with technical problems so I'm sorry if this is easy to fix, but I can't install the Sims 3. It's possible system requirements could be the problem, but I'm uncertain. I go through the first few steps normally, but after it gets to the actual installation point where I'm waiting for the bar to fill up, a message eventually pops up saying that a certain file or something doesn't match. I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly what it said the problem was and I didn't copy it down. I'll attempt to install it again so I can add that bit of information here. Until then, can the problem be identified by my attached file?

I would appreciate anyone's help on this! Thank you!

EDIT: Okay, this is the message that pops up:

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild1.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

It gives me the options to Abort, Retry, or Ignore. If I retry, the message eventually comes up again and the game can't finish installing, even if the bar reaches the end.

EDIT2: I tried again and chose "Ignore" this time and it ended up working... But now that it's installed, the game still won't run! If I try to click play on the menu, the screen goes black for a few moments then informs me that the game is unable to start and says "Service initialization failed." Help!

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Is it always that particular file? Make sure the disk is clean and not scratched and see if these articles help.

3. Kimazing

Kimazing New Member

Yes, it was always that file. I tried to check the disk, and I'm not entirely sure if it's damaged or not. It does have something on it that looks slightly strange, though. It's something that looks like a sort of blob around the center of the disk. Is this unusual? I'm considering returning the game and getting a new copy.

Now that it's installed, the start up menu seems to work fine... It's just after I click "play" that I have problems.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

So the game installed properly now? From the disk or from the hard drive? No more errors?

What's the problem you have after you click play?