Troubleshooting Installing university

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by pop, Feb 18, 2006.

1. pop

pop New Member

Installing university

Hi im new to this forum so sorry if it is i bit muddled, i have been playing sims 2 with no problem but when i installed sims 2 "university" i lost the sims 2 game. at the moment i am only able to play university and not the sims 2 normal game. we have tryed installing the game 3 times but all with no luck. Please can anybody help !!!:cry: Pop

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

When you installed university, it goes into a seperate file than TS2. When you play from the disc, you should be able to play pleasantville, etc as well as have the option to send you teens to university. Is this not happening? and unless you saved your games before you installed you will have to start over. there is a great thread by Mirelly that tells you step by step how to install expansions and save the current storyline. [​IMG] WorldSims Forums > The Sims 2 Discussions [​IMG] The Sims 2 Installation and Upgrades The first two threads ought to help.

3. Kungfu Joe

Kungfu Joe New Member

also....It depends on what you mean by "Play Sims 2." If you want to play with your old saved sims previous to the installation of University, then I hate to dissappoint you, but they got deleted with the installation. Otherwise, the game only grows with the expansions. I'm not entirely sure why a person would want to play the original sims 2 after installing an EP. And therefore, I really have no idea why it wouldnt work