Interesting Roofs - A House and a Tutorial

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Interesting Roofs - A House and a Tutorial

I stopped uploading houses to the exchange because it takes too long and Maxis wipes them off after ten minutes.

Here's a really neat house with a groovy roof. Ideally you need all expansion packs, but I wouldn't worry if you are missing some. The only crucial one is Open For Business (for the staging). If you don't have Bon Voyage you'll have to paint the outside because that cladding is a BV feature.

Street view

[​IMG]

All important ground floor.

[​IMG]

The "interesting" roof. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3 bedrooms upstairs and two bathrooms

[​IMG]

More of an angle on that ground floor, showing compact stairwell. There is a small isolated deck off the kitchen for BBQ grilling (out of picture at top right)

[​IMG]

Finally a large square basement, for keeping all the shinies safe from visitors :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Download it here (hack free:( Log_Cabin.Sims2Pack

Roofs 101: A tutorial (unzip to desktop and open folder and click the file called index to view the tutorial in your web browser)

I am working on a detailed advance tutorial to cover the use of roof slope angles, diagonal roofs and the new BV pagoda roofs).

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oo that is an interesting house (and roof :p). That must have taken you ages to build!

I don't bother much with my houses anymore. I mostly use pre-made ones and spice them up on the inside. ;)

3. Devluvsdogs

Devluvsdogs Current Simmerr.

You made that? That is so cool! good job, i wouldn't have been able to make that cool of a house! lol. I gave up a while ago! :white: