News Internet Mandatory for new SimCity

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

ARGH! THis Sucks! The new simcity will require an internet connection to play. What now if we're on an airplane? We have to pay WiFi too?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's the problem with multiplayer games, they all require the internet. (Chances are when you play "alone" you're not really alone. Won't get me playing.)

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

A connection to start the game anyway. Ahhhh how I love DRM. Always punishing consumers while pirates will get to enjoy the game without it.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Well they can stick their game then somewhere.

5. NewSim4TheCity

NewSim4TheCity New Member

I know! this sucks :( This will make a lot of people bycott the game. I really hope multi-player isn't the only option, if it is, may as well pack it in now and have done with it...

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I guess the question we should be asking ourselves is "what is Maxis' definition of multiplayer" ?

7. NewSim4TheCity

NewSim4TheCity New Member

Yeah.... This is a real bummer, I have up to now avoided buying games that require online to be played, it just doesn't appeal to me.... And lets face it I was looking at the pre-order price €79.99 I was like WTF???? This was so promising when the news first came out.... I'm afraid this Sim City has lost a little of it's shine for me, it's now a case of wait and see when the demo is released (if there is one) I might be sticking with my SC4 as yet..... Time will tell.