News Interview with Machimima Artist - Decorgal

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Judhudson, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Interview with Machimima Artist - Decorgal

TheSims2.com posted an interview with Decorgal.* She was one of the many content creators/machinima artists who attended The Sims 3 Creator’s Camp back in January.* The interview mostly reflects on her work using The Sims 2.

How long does it normally take you to make one Machinima video?

It really depends on what I’m working on. I spend a considerable amount of time thinking of the storyline and themes which can take a month to several months. Then there’s all the pre-production work like building, designing characters, downloading and creating custom content which can take a few weeks. Finally, filming and editing alone will take a few weeks. The more preparation is taken care of ahead of the time, the quicker the actual filming and editing will take. For “Adventures in Dating,” I did as much of the pre-production work as possible before I even started the series so that when it came time to work on an episode, I mostly had to just send out scripts and do a bit of pre-production work. Aside from that, each episode took about a full month to two months in production, working full-time. Making a movie can really take as much time as a full-time job.