How Do I Is it possible to change the name of an existing sim?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cutegirl6126, Nov 18, 2007.

1. cutegirl6126

cutegirl6126 New Member

Is it possible to change the name of an existing sim?

I'm pretty sure I named my sim something different than its current name....how do I fix this?

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

First name or last name?

Last name click here: http://uoem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14311

First name; You'll need to download the insimenator (google it) which give you lots of options to do in your game. Once you have it in your lot, purchase it under Electronics>>All in game ($1.00) and place it anywhere on your lot. It looks just like the career reward machine that creates vaccines. Click on the computer part of the machine. Then click on re-name... and then your sims name. You'll get the "new baby" box pop up and just change the first name to what you want it to be. Once that's done you're good to go, delete the insimenator off your lot and keep playing like you were. :)

3. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

When SimPE gives support to Bon Voyage, you can also use it to change your sims name and last name.
    SimPE supports various languages, so you'll have to make sure you select your regional language for SimPE to edit your files. Because a Sim can "have" "multiple" names and last names with SimPE. For example, if you "explore" your SIM with SIMPE in en-uk, your Sim name will be "Domenik Petrenko", and when exploring the same Sim in any other language, this same sim can have a totally different full name. So, to change it in your game, configure SimPE to your language, and then make sure you are editing your language as well.

4. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

i don't know if you wish to try this but you can do the same things that have ben mentioned by using boolprop. i don't know if it works with BV though.

5. starjem

starjem New Member

if you want to change the name of the sim, select it, open up the cheat window(ctrl+shift+c), type in: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, hold down shift and click on the sim, find spawn click on it, click on tombstone of L and D, click on the tombstone when it appears, click on rename sim.
    You can do that if you want to rename a baby if its called baby boy/girl you would just have to select any sim and hold shift, click on the baby and make it selectable and do what it says above.
    :)

6. kisskristyn

kisskristyn New Member

Is there any way to change the last or household name without having to download simpe?

7. ancienthighway

ancienthighway New Member

Pecado's FSS Lot Debugger (MATY) has an option that will allow the surname to be changed in game.