Troubleshooting Is my pc ok?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by REDXIII, Feb 12, 2004.

1. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Is my pc ok?

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107)

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.0GHz

Memory: 384MB RAM

Page File: 242MB used, 4200MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Display Memory: 32.0 MB(i think this is a problem?)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

should hold up quite nicely Red.

3. matt7723

matt7723 New Member

How can this hold up nicely with such a slow proccesor?? I dont know why everyone thinks you can get some slow, old proccesor and be able to run TS2

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i got to slightly agree with matt here. not only is the proccessor a little behind the times, the memory is lacking. and you dont want to have low memory with xp. there is an old adage i read somewhere where xp is like a car and low memory is like riding on the brakes. you can have the fastest proccessor in the world, but with a small amount of memory it will still be slow. even though this is true for all OS's, it is more prominent in xp.

in the least, id say pgrade your memory there red. atleast bump it up to 512.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I have a bit more faith in the Athlon 1.0GHz and 384MB of Memory plus it is bundled with a nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400