It got it I got it I got it!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by FaeLuna, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

It got it I got it I got it!!!

Hey!! I'm all excited because I got Unleashed today!!! We went to the store that I'd asked about it at but they said it was SUPPOSED to be in today but they wouldn't have it till Thrusday!! ak!! So we went to the software store in the mall and there were only 2 copies there and I GOT it!!! :bunny: What surprised me the most when I got the package open at home is there are TWO cds for installing it!!! Then installation was faster than I thought, and I didn't even take the time to defrag etc first, I was too much in a hurry... sad, I know. The biggest WOW for me so far though was it LOADS faster!! It was taking Vacation about 17-20 minutes to load... I looked at the clock to figure when 20 minutes would be up... next thing I knew it loaded in THREE minutes!!???!!! I still haven't explored all the new objects in build mode yet, I grabbed a sim family and ran them around to three different lots exploring and I tired the poor things out so badly they fell asleep on the sidewalk and floor when they got home. Right when I was having them leave on the shuttle was when a skunk showed up! I didn't get to see it, just the pop up told me I should call animal control when I got them home. I heard the eeerk eeerk eeerk spooky alarm music and I thought I was being burgurlarized since I was having the sims leave the house at night. :p

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh yeah, and on the box the game reauirements said you needed pentium 2, which we have, and 350 mhz... we only have 300, but it's working anyway!! The actually scrolling and in game action is slower but I'm still blown away by the game loading time. And the time while the shuttle is going is faster than the taxi or cruise ship were. Oh, and I thought it was cute it has Zydeco Cajun musc playing for the shuttle music and the pet store speakers!! I guess it's to go with the French Quarter themed stuff. Funny thing is sim-singing in this case sounds pretty much the same as real life Zydeco music supposedly English/French based! :p

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You mean your load time is now 3 minutes instead of the traditional 20 minute loading time?

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yeah!! amazing and scary isn't it!!??? The more I play the more I notice the game scrolls and moves slow though, so I DO need to get faster mhz somehow...

5. ManagerJosh

Always More Memory and NOT MHz :D

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I agree Josh on the memory especially when it slows down meanwhile you play. But it is good to be over recommended mini-configuration. I've found out I need faster PC for both On-line (if i get it) and SC4 (which I really want). So shall I really buy more memory now? I wont be able to use it on the next m-card anyway.

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well we've got 256 RAM now... 30 Gig memory... but it can only shuffle everything around at the SPEED of 300mhz!! And since the game is designed to run from the Minimum speed of 350 mhz... I think that's the next thing I want to get for the poor computer... unless we just get a NEW computer!!!

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Well to me it sounds you do need more speed. :classic:
    Otherwise Josh is usually right hehe

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yeah, once we get more speed I definitely want more RAM.... my dream computer would have over a GIG of RAM.... sigh... drool.... :p

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to post, they DO have German Shepherds and they are SO cute!! Had one of my sims families get their first dog today, it piddles on the floor and you can scold it to discourage that. :p It turns out that the dog or cat you see in the display box in the pet store keep rotating so it's different every visit, and when your sim goes to adopt it asks what gender you want and then you get to click through LOTS of different breeds of dogs or cats! Most of the dogs have different body builds too, like boxers and terriers and even chihuahuas. :)

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sounds so great!
    I've heard that the animations of the pets are better than the sims. Not to mention the new neighbourhood. I've see the screenshots.... Yesh!!!!!! Want it!!

12. ManagerJosh

Maybe faster hard drive? :D

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Maybe or true..

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yes, the higher mhz means a faster hard drive. :) My friend explained it, Memory is the Storage space you have to store things in total, RAM is the amount of Memory you have to actually Shuffle chunks of data around to work programs and stuff, and mhz is the Speed at which it can shuffle stuff around. :) So it's like a puzzle, where total Memory is the whole puzzle, RAM would be like the Size of the Puzzle Pieces, and mhz is how fast you can pick up one piece and move it to another place. Since I want a HUGE puzzle, it would be best to have the biggest possible pieces, and be able to move them from one place to another really fast! wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

(how did I get "pink" instead of "pick" my first try at posting this???!!!)

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh yeah, I've been meaning to post that it turns out you CAN put multiple objects on tables now!!! You press the / key to switch through the possible placements of it. On a one tile square table you can place something in the center, or in the middle of one of the 4 sides, so if the whole thing was filled it would make the pattern + I hope that makes sense.... I haven't tested it yet but I'm hoping this means I can have lights or flowers on the tables and still have them be able to put their plates down to eat there!

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hmmm.. so despite all probs. some seems to have with this (look in BBS) I think it's worth every penny right.'

(I need to upgrade)
    :)

17. ManagerJosh

DANG!!! SEE!! More temptation!!!!!!!! :(

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hehe!! poor Josh.... Let's see, it looks like it's the eating tables and counters you can position some stuff on, it might not be ALL stuff that you have different positions for too, I tried putting a souvineer (spelling?) on a counter and it only let me position it in the center... I'll have to mess around more and see what all gives you placement options.

19. ManagerJosh

AAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHH!! Please!! No more torture!!! I GIVE!!!!! I'm gonna buy Sims Unleashed the minute I step into an Electronic Store (two of em)

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Dear dear Josh.

Take a deep breath. Count to ten.
    You're not alone in the situation of being forced to wait. I'm in that sit. as well you know..... I want it to. Badly. But if I can hold out... you can!.

*hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.